"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
    Next time cut her head off, gut, and bind feet together to make a piggy back pack....no dragging and its pretty easy haul of that little eater...after u take out the guts and head.
    Thanks for the tips, I can use all you got. I carried her out in a large duck decoy bag I have. Gutted her and cut her head off first, still crazy heavy dead weight to carry for a mile :P In retrospect that is probably not the best way to do it as all the weight goes to the bottom and it swings around a bunch, plus the bag has really thin straps that got pretty painful after awhile...I'm learnin'.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
      Next time cut her head off, gut, and bind feet together to make a piggy back pack....no dragging and its pretty easy haul of that little eater...after u take out the guts and head.
      Last one I killed out there couple weeks ago had so many ticks on it, I thought she was still alive and quivering. Only when I got close enough did I see that there were so many swarming ticks, it really did look like her fur was moving.

No way I'm draping that over my back.

I just field butcher and haul it out in a backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
        Remember when we stayed on the marina in Rockport and kayak fished between Aransas Pass and Port A with that squirrel from Bastrop? We used my radios.
        I'll be in Ardmore again this year.
        Well **** Ricky. I heard those Fritos are taking over the river out there.

Too bad you're gonna miss out again.

Comment

Will be out camping this weekend with a couple others on the forum at the PC if anyone will be out there come by and share a beer. Maybe go and chase some pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
            Will be out camping this weekend with a couple others on the forum at the PC if anyone will be out there come by and share a beer. Maybe go and chase some pigs.

Think me and @lonewolf88 (<--does this work?) will be out there Saturday morning. Don't know if we'll hike to PC but we should be at gate 6/7. Bringing radios if y'all got some and wanna meet up n push.

Comment

We field dress then quarter it out in the field and throw the quarters/straps into trash bags which then get tossed in our backpacks. It's definitely better with 2 people

Comment

Originally posted by bho0351 View Post
                Well **** Ricky. I heard those Fritos are taking over the river out there.

Too bad you're gonna miss out again.
                Really? If the Fritos start spawning before GRXH I'll cancel Ardmore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                  Claymore mine
                  Lol

Comment

Wish I could dash up to Granger!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                      Claymore mine
                      If it was a claymore I would have had WAY more than I could carry. There was a whole herd in the blood weeds. All the grunting, snorting and shaking weeds from the hogs just milling about was almost comical...

Comment

Stingers here as well but trying to find some cheaper ones for grxh

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                          Stingers here as well but trying to find some cheaper ones for grxh
                          I use the original stainless steel Montecs in Granger because I've lost Striker blades in the brush before. Great for hogs and you can get a 3 pack for about $25 on Amazon right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drahthaar View Post
                            If it was a claymore I would have had WAY more than I could carry. There was a whole herd in the blood weeds. All the grunting, snorting and shaking weeds from the hogs just milling about was almost comical...

You sure that was not my mother in law.

Comment

I am trying to decide between a 6 pack of generic fixed blades for $12 or 6 pack of muzzy for $30 both on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
                                I am trying to decide between a 6 pack of generic fixed blades for $12 or 6 pack of muzzy for $30 both on Amazon
                                Slick Trick 100gr Magnum. $21 for 3 on Amazon. You won't be sorry!!

Comment

Working...
                                X