No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have been following this thread you will see that there is a lack of enforcement at Granger. I know it's sad but you are probably fine. The Premitive Camp by the river is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      [ATTACH]683271[/ATTACH]
      This is the contact number I have. He called me about some of my jug lines one time a long time ago. Not sure if it's still valid.
      A friend of mine (Jonathan Gray) is the head game warden/investigator. For TPWD. I have made him aware of what's been going on lately. I texted him the pic. I told him that I could screen shot the location from my phone map of anything like that that I see and text him the pic. He would get the location and info to the warden and send him out or if he were out on a call, throw his uniform on and drive out himself (exact words). He's in Pflugerville.
      It would be nice to nail these guys.

Comment

Still I don't want anyone to have to come looking for me. Didn't think of that until just now.

Comment

Probably will hit Granger tomorrow. Depending on how late the fight goes tonight will determine if its an early hunt or late hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by PigAddiction View Post
            It would be nice to nail these guys.

Or just run them off. My concern is they **** it down and say to heck with it. We don't have the man power and funding to keep it " safe"

Be inexpensive to have a few hundred business cards printed out.

" your license plate and vehicle has been photo graphed and saved. Reports of poaching, and hunting with rifles has become an issue. If you see or hear illegal activity report it to _____. If there is illegal activity reported today your information will be provided to assist in the ongoing investigation"

or some thing alone those lines. Let's face it. 2 game wardens are nothing compared to the amount of eyes we have out there. Won't take but a sec to snap a few photos leave a few cards before and after a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by jackster1978 View Post
              Does that mean nobody was working to say you can't camp at the PC?

That was my thought too I was peeed off. They had the gates locked. Could not get in to park.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                Or just run them off. My concern is they **** it down and say to heck with it. We don't have the man power and funding to keep it " safe"

Be inexpensive to have a few hundred business cards printed out.

" your license plate and vehicle has been photo graphed and saved. Reports of poaching, and hunting with rifles has become an issue. If you see or hear illegal activity report it to _____. If there is illegal activity reported today your information will be provided to assist in the ongoing investigation"

or some thing alone those lines. Let's face it. 2 game wardens are nothing compared to the amount of eyes we have out there. Won't take but a sec to snap a few photos leave a few cards before and after a hunt.
                The sherif will hold'em till the GW can get there.

Comment

Swow..I'm trying to get the chores done around here so I can get out to the PC to work on my kayak camping skills and gear set up. Not to motivated to do the chores though.

Comment

So is it best to call 911 or one of the GW numbers? I have no problem taking pics and video of people breaking the law, but it does get futile when no one seems to care but fellow hunters who are doing the right thing. Thanks for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                      Sick. Just sick.

Sad thing is until it starts hitting someone's pocket book ex: less licenses bought it will get out put on the back burner.
                      Agencies want the BIG fish. The big busts. It's not the LOE fault they can't focus on the small matters like this when the brass above wants them to focus on BIG Fish to make them look good.
                      Rant over.
                      I'm up for doing what I can and taking the proper steps on my end to get the info necessary to get these guys caught. If that means some sort of surveillance then so be it.
                      They aint after big fish...they are lazy and would rather do something easy and something to get their ticket quota up. They will literally take a buck and park on the side of the road and wait for people to stop so they can write them a ticket. They haver been doing it on the side of parmer the past two weeks. Its ridiculous. If anybody gets the license plates of these guys please pm me.

Comment

Who will hold them till the sherif gets there? I can only draw back on my bow for so long.

Jackster wish I was going. Cleaned up and lubed the boat today. Took a shower seen that full moon. No wind.... Be a nice night on the lake and in the woods. Will be ready for the 17th for sure. Might take a run out just to get the boat wet and burn some fuel.

Comment

first pig

Got my first pig there a few days ago. Had a group of 10-15 run out of the bloodweed and leave two piglets behind. I called them right in to me about 10-15 yards and got one of them. Also picked up a rabbit... Not the biggest thing but it made a nice rotisserie!

Comment

Originally posted by Tourniquet View Post
                            Got my first pig there a few days ago. Had a group of 10-15 run out of the bloodweed and leave two piglets behind. I called them right in to me about 10-15 yards and got one of them. Also picked up a rabbit... Not the biggest thing but it made a nice rotisserie!

Looks good man!

Comment

Originally posted by Tourniquet View Post

Very nice, congrats! My first Granger pig was a very tasty 150 lb. sow and second kill was a nice sized desert cottontail which was perfect in pot pie.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                                They aint after big fish...they are lazy and would rather do something easy and something to get their ticket quota up. They will literally take a buck and park on the side of the road and wait for people to stop so they can write them a ticket. They haver been doing it on the side of parmer the past two weeks. Its ridiculous. If anybody gets the license plates of these guys please pm me.
                                Don't know the williamson co. warden but met the bell co. one out there a few years back when they were still doing the draw hunts, seemed like a very stand up fellow. They need granger bowhunters eyes and ears in those woods tp report illegal activity, or it will only get worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X