Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
    Sick. Just sick.

....Sad thing is until it starts hitting someone's pocket book ex: less licenses bought it will get out put on the back burner.

Or until someone gets accidently shot on Granger.

There's a reason rifles and buckshot are not allowed on public hunting management areas and it's not because they give the hunter an unfair advantage.

Wear your orange out there fellas.

Last edited by Endo; 01-03-2015, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Talked to a couple of guys at gate 6. No luck there either...they had a few squirrels though :/

Comment

went out thursday and friday no luck.Iv'e been working the primitive boat launch up to 6.a lot of tracks and torn up ground.has anyone had any luck in the San Gabriel wildlife area?I'm gonna finish off my vacation with 1 last try sunday.

Comment

Lost 2 arrows today, shooting at 2 different hogs. First arrow grazed the back of a 150lber. Second hog was a clean miss. She had about 6 piglets behind her. Smoker size.

That piglet I tried to grab, was about the size of my hand. Running alone on the trail. I stopped. Waited for it to run up to me so I could grab it. About 10 yards away it started to veer off the trail, so I dropped my pack and bow, chased after it. Lost it in the blood weeds. Good times.
          Last edited by trollingmotor; 01-03-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

No bueno in San Gabriel all day. All the shotgun fire isn't helping.

Comment

Originally posted by trollingmotor View Post
              Lost 2 arrows today, shooting at 2 different hogs. First arrow grazed the back of a 150lber. Second hog was a clean miss. She had about 6 piglets behind her. Smoker size.

That piglet I tried to grab, was about the size of my hand. Running alone on the trail. I stopped. Waited for it to run up to me so I could grab it. About 10 yards away it started to veer off the trail, so I dropped my pack and bow, chased after it. Lost it in the blood weeds. Good times.

Where have you been if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeprty View Post
                Where have you been if you don't mind me asking?
                We were pushing between 6 and 7.

Comment

Originally posted by trollingmotor View Post
                  We were pushing between 6 and 7.

Well I guess I went the wrong way. Just came from 6 and all I saw was 1 doe and a handful of shotgun shells.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post

I'm up for doing what I can and taking the proper steps on my end to get the info necessary to get these guys caught. If that means some sort of surveillance then so be it.

I found the perfect place for such a stakeout! A rustic, bushcrafter's bungalow with built-in fireplace and river view
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420325837.667505.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	24355444

Comment

Nada south of the dam

Comment

Did find this nice 5 point shed.

Comment

Gah. I know I'm gonna get hounded again for asking stupid questions, but the search didn't turn anything up. Where do y'all camp at if the primitive camping site is closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Knifeprty View Post
                            Gah. I know I'm gonna get hounded again for asking stupid questions, but the search didn't turn anything up. Where do y'all camp at if the primitive camping site is closed?

Don't worry about it. Ask as many questions as you want. I hate the search feature. It's like telling someone at camp to google something if they ask you a question...

How many pages is this thread?.... Too much to sort thru for a simple question. Lots of good info but plenty of BS too.

PC or the parks are the only legal place to camp. PC has never been closed that I have experienced except when they had the " government shutdown".....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                              " government shutdown".....
                              Does that mean nobody was working to say you can't camp at the PC?

Comment

I called and no one answered. They told me to call an 800 # to get a reservation. Then she told me Taylor park camp site was closed. So confusing for something simple. So if I'm laying in my tent in San Gabriel I'm in trouble? Lol :/

Comment

Working...
                                X