No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted the pics of the poachers on my facebook page and one of the culprits has been identified supposedly the game warden and sheriff's department are looking for him.

Comment

They are

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
        I posted the pics of the poachers on my facebook page and one of the culprits has been identified supposedly the game warden and sheriff's department are looking for him.
        I was going to pm you and shoot you the pic of the guys. Figured you would be out there plenty with fishing season coming up or see them around. Thanks for the help and let us know if they get caught. Do you know any names?

Comment

Originally posted by Endo View Post
          Or until someone gets accidently shot on Granger.

There's a reason rifles and buckshot are not allowed on public hunting management areas and it's not because they give the hunter an unfair advantage.

Wear your orange out there fellas.

Thats more what I am worried about....I know alot of guys that take their kids out there hunting and fishing. My dad takes my little brother and sister out there pretty often as well. I would hate for someones kids to get shot out there because of a couple idiots out there poaching. I was out yesterday and is sounded like someone was having a war out there will all the gunshots. 4 idiots in a boat where driving up and down the river shooting shotguns at anything that moved. Its time for this crap to shot before someone gets hurt.

Comment

Don't know the names bloodtrailer but one of the dude's works in granger.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
              Don't know the names bloodtrailer but one of the dude's works in granger.
              Figured it was a local guy...specially with no truck at the parking lot yesterday.

Depth Finder has been lighting up about halfway up the river. Havent stopped and fished them to see what they are but the river channel was full

Comment

[QUOTE=Tourniquet;9588819]Got my first pig there a few days ago. Had a group of 10-15 run out of the bloodweed and leave two piglets behind. I called them right in to me about 10-15 yards and got one of them. Also picked up a rabbit... Not the biggest thing but it made a nice rotisserie!

Sorry but this dont count as a pig kill, u should have caught it and fattened him up...baby killer....did u run after him and step on his head....geez..

Comment

Rabbitt is a good one...im just yanking ur chain about the piglet....he would be in my buddys pen though...

Comment

I think it being my first I was a little over anxious to pull the trigger... that has never happened before I swear... With hindsight I think I will let these guys fatten up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tourniquet View Post
                      I think it being my first I was a little over anxious to pull the trigger... that has never happened before I swear... With hindsight I think I will let these guys fatten up a bit.
                      Piglet or not they are still pigs, kill what you can and have fun doing it. I've taken shots at piglets, just wasn't quick enough to hit. They are great for the spit whole.

Comment

Although the piglet was nice on the rotisserie, and it was nice to finally bring something home - I think I would have rather had my buddy take a video of me trying to dive on one. We called them in really close - and I think they even saw us they were just really confused.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                          Rabbitt is a good one...im just yanking ur chain about the piglet....he would be in my buddys pen though...
                          Yep. We have raised up two granger pigs and they sure were some fine eating! We tried to catch some this week but either Im getting a little older and slower or they were just faster this time. Never crossed my mind to shoot em...

Comment

Originally posted by Tourniquet View Post
                            Although the piglet was nice on the rotisserie, and it was nice to finally bring something home - I think I would have rather had my buddy take a video of me trying to dive on one. We called them in really close - and I think they even saw us they were just really confused.

As am I. How do you call them in?

Comment

I have a pig call, never tried it. What's you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                                As am I. How do you call them in?
                                Got one on a fox pro call. Used it before it worked at the ranch.

Comment

Working...
                                X