No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case anyone in interested, I went out in my little boat looking for white bass in deep water. I got skunked, so on the way home i stopped and scouted the wooded area near the lake in Sore Finger.

No hog sign at all, no tracks or rooting. Did find one old, pretty good sized hog skull, but it looked more than a year old.

What I did find, is cattle tracks. Guess the ranchers missed a few when the Corps told them to get their animals off.

Someone got a nice pig in Willis Creek. There is a pretty fresh rib cage and backbone that is 4 feet long near the parking lot.
    Last edited by NightStalker; 02-16-2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

The GW wouldnt have given them any slack. Call me an azzhole, but I would have called the GW... You dont even have to have a PHL to use a bit of common sense to go online and look up the information... Heck, I even have a copy of it on my phone just in case. "Those people" are the ones that screw it up for everyone else...

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
        Yeah it was pretty ballsy of me to run towards three armed men screaming "What the f@$# are you doing?" But they pretty much ruined any chance of finding my second wounded hog.
        This woulda been interesting to watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
          The GW wouldnt have given them any slack. Call me an azzhole, but I would have called the GW... You dont even have to have a PHL to use a bit of common sense to go online and look up the information... Heck, I even have a copy of it on my phone just in case. "Those people" are the ones that screw it up for everyone else...
          Believe me this was their one and only warning. Plus I had no idea where they parked as we were inbetween 6 and 7.

Comment

Well I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a new bow. 2014 obsession evolution in stormy hardwoods autumn with orange cams. 353 ibo baby.

Comment

Hog hunting is gonna be fun at GRXH this year sounds like there are bunches of piggies. Pushed a big boar into the water behind the gravel pit about two weeks ago, but no shot. Walked into a couple groups in the dark along the East fenceline coming back to camp same weekend. Big pigs all.

Comment

Recently Started Hog Hunting Granger and found some great locations! I saw quite a few pigs East of the **** but didn't have a shot.
                My question though is how late are we allowed to Hunt. Is it 30mins after dark?

Comment

A buddy & I arrived at Granger at sunrise this morning and left around 3:45pm. We took the Jon Boat today so we were able to hunt on both sides. Y'all weren't kidding about the stumps. We found a few dead hogs but didn't get to shoot any.

Comment

Dryfire46; just like hunting season 30 minutes prior to 30 minutes after. You don't want to stick a big boar in the dark anyway.

Comment

30 before sunrise, 30 after sunset, just like dear season or any other hunt

Comment

Well I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a new bow. 2014 obsession evolution in stormy hardwoods autumn with orange cams. 353 ibo baby.
                        New toy for GRXH? Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzifux259 View Post
                          New toy for GRXH? Nice!
                          I wish...gonna take like a month to get it. Demand is ridiculous for these since the ATA show.

Comment

I wish...gonna take like a month to get it. Demand is ridiculous for these since the ATA show.
                            Well, that sucks!

Comment

Who makes obsession??

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                                Who makes obsession??
                                I think calvin cline? Maybe gucci. I dont know let me ask my wife. I love it

Comment

Working...
                                X