"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
    Gods morning so far. Cold cold cold which is good. Only vehicle at the parking area.... Is it to cold for y'all lol jk jk. Gonna drive the other gates and check and see how many people are out and grab lunch. Gonna check one of my old spots below 95 bridge.
    You are the only lucky one that gets to hunt during the week.

Comment

Originally posted by SAM STEPHENS View Post
      Congrats RackMaster......
      Thank ya !

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
      Huntnfishtex, I didn't sit in your blind, but my buddy did. Just didn't feel right messing with other people's stuff, so I sat on the log out back. His loss as while he was reading your book I was killing a hog. You guys have a great spot. Do you see allot of deer down there? Totally screwed the pooch on getting in on the draw hunt.
      Back where i come from, thats on the list of things "You Do not Do...Ever" !
      I passed severeal hunting blinds yesterday in some nice spots, not once did i think to myself to go jump in it and hunt someone elses gear and area they've probably spent a season preparing for 1 shot opportunity.Bad call Dude !!

Comment

Originally posted by bosshawg401 View Post
        Congrats on the hogs guys.
        Wear your Hunter Orange!! I see to many hog hunters running around out there with no orange.
        It's also the last weekend for deer hunting so if you can wait till next weekend to go for your hogs, that would really help out these guys that having filled their deer tags yet. Just saying. Good luck!
        Good point. I am postponing my hunt tomorrow at Granger and will hunt private land for hogs Sunday instead.

Comment

Originally posted by RACK MASTER View Post
          Thank ya !

Back where i come from, thats on the list of things "You Do not Do...Ever" !
          I passed severeal hunting blinds yesterday in some nice spots, not once did i think to myself to go jump in it and hunt someone elses gear and area they've probably spent a season preparing for 1 shot opportunity.Bad call Dude !!
          Agreed, I told him not to, but being ten years my junior, he does what he wants I guess. On the other hand it is public land and permanent blinds are illegal, so it's all perspective I guess.
          Last edited by Removed; 01-04-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

whatever

Comment

You don't sit in other hunters set-ups ever without permission. Myself along with alot of others have alot of $, time and sweat invested in the set-ups. The place is big enough for people to find their own spots. Good hunting. About to head below the bridge.

Comment

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. I might not have spent any money, but I put in the sweat to find "your" spot and since it was sucessful, I won't hesitate to check back from time to time. I will drop a bag of corn off as a gesture of good faith and keep the buddy clear of setups from now on.

Comment

Thanks Jkuroski, I've have so many close calls this year on some nice bucks and it's great to hear that the people that didn't get drawn for deer hunting this year have the generosity to keep clear until Deer season is over. I've had severel hunters walk right up to my while I'm hunting in a tree. If you see hunter orange from a distance, stop and think for a second instead of continuing to walk towards it.
                  On another note, I will be going back out soon for some hogs after this weekend. Let's get together and stalk some together if you want. I'm familiar with your area and have a few others to show you if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                    Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. I might not have spent any money, but I put in the sweat to find "your" spot and since it was sucessful, I won't hesitate to check back from time to time. I will drop a bag of corn off as a gesture of good faith and keep the buddy clear of setups from now on.
                    No offense taken man. It's public land man that's how it goes. Just warning you to be cautious on telling people what gate you have success in ect cause it will be covered up next time you try and hunt it.

Comment

Thanks Jkuroski, I've have so many close calls this year on some nice bucks and it's great to hear that the people that didn't get drawn for deer hunting this year have the generosity to keep clear until Deer season is over. I've had severel hunters walk right up to my while I'm hunting in a tree. If you see hunter orange from a distance, stop and think for a second instead of continuing to walk towards it.
                      On another note, I will be going back out soon for some hogs after this weekend. Let's get together and stalk some together if you want. I'm familiar with your area and have a few others to show you if you want.
                      Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                        No offense taken man. It's public land man that's how it goes. Just warning you to be cautious on telling people what gate you have success in ect cause it will be covered up next time you try and hunt it.
                        Guess you can't edit old posts...

Comment

If I see orange I move away directly in the opposite direction. That's common sense and hunter courtesy. But I'll hunt anytime I'm permitted to do so out there....deer hunters while placing their stands should be mindful of other hunters that maybe using the area and place stands accordingly
                          As I did last year, you can many times use other hunters to your benefit while hunting out there if you've put in the time out there to understand the escape routes.
                          Good luck to all the deer hunters these last few days. Should be good. Shoot straight.

Comment

The rain came in at a perfect time as I was below the 95 bridge. Around 3:30 I got in large sounder just near camanche bluff. They were moving early and I got set up perfectly downwind. As they moved out to the fields I was able to stalk the group but as I got pulled back a large pig I didn't see that was behind me sounded off and spooked the group. I tried cutting them off as they got to the fence before hitting the field but missed one as they were cutting under the fence. Man that place is full down there. Spoke with the landowner to the south as he was checking his fences and he said he's never seen so many below the bridge as he has this year. He actually supports the fact there wasn't any helicopter shoot this year as he hated seeing the wounded pigs/dead pigs that would make it to his fields.
                            Out again Tuesday to sit in my stand.

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                              The rain came in at a perfect time as I was below the 95 bridge. Around 3:30 I got in large sounder just near camanche bluff. They were moving early and I got set up perfectly downwind. As they moved out to the fields I was able to stalk the group but as I got pulled back a large pig I didn't see that was behind me sounded off and spooked the group. I tried cutting them off as they got to the fence before hitting the field but missed one as they were cutting under the fence. Man that place is full down there. Spoke with the landowner to the south as he was checking his fences and he said he's never seen so many below the bridge as he has this year. He actually supports the fact there wasn't any helicopter shoot this year as he hated seeing the wounded pigs/dead pigs that would make it to his fields.
                              Out again Tuesday to sit in my stand.
                              **** that sucks, bet it was a fun time nontheless. Hope you stayed somewhat dry, was raining pretty good out there at 6.

Comment

I carry rain gear. Learned my lesson before lol

Comment

Working...
                                X