"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
    The rain came in at a perfect time as I was below the 95 bridge. Around 3:30 I got in large sounder just near camanche bluff. They were moving early and I got set up perfectly downwind. As they moved out to the fields I was able to stalk the group but as I got pulled back a large pig I didn't see that was behind me sounded off and spooked the group. I tried cutting them off as they got to the fence before hitting the field but missed one as they were cutting under the fence. Man that place is full down there. Spoke with the landowner to the south as he was checking his fences and he said he's never seen so many below the bridge as he has this year. He actually supports the fact there wasn't any helicopter shoot this year as he hated seeing the wounded pigs/dead pigs that would make it to his fields.
    Out again Tuesday to sit in my stand.
    can't wait to hook up brother we will be a dynamic duo!!!!i can never get anyone that knows how to kill pigs at granger go with me!!!!got to be patient and not afraid to walk to kill the pigs at granger, and you have to play the wind unless it's raining or just rained......i am fired up to come back home.

Comment

The rain came in at a perfect time as I was below the 95 bridge. Around 3:30 I got in large sounder just near camanche bluff. They were moving early and I got set up perfectly downwind. As they moved out to the fields I was able to stalk the group but as I got pulled back a large pig I didn't see that was behind me sounded off and spooked the group. I tried cutting them off as they got to the fence before hitting the field but missed one as they were cutting under the fence. Man that place is full down there. Spoke with the landowner to the south as he was checking his fences and he said he's never seen so many below the bridge as he has this year. He actually supports the fact there wasn't any helicopter shoot this year as he hated seeing the wounded pigs/dead pigs that would make it to his fields.
      Out again Tuesday to sit in my stand.
      you made a long walk from circleville bridge to commanche bluff , i would save myself a mile and park just cross the river i haven't seen any hogs until you get about a quarter mile past the railroad bridge, is that mesquite thicket still there on the right past the railroad bridge? my buddy used to own that. pretty soon all the white bass fishermen will keep all the hogs on your side come february.

Comment

also since there was not a helicopter hunt this past year you can guess that there are at least 500 more pigs to chase, probably more, if you count the whole surrounding lake, the river on both sides and behind the dam that's alot of acreage to hold the piggies, believe me there are a bunch that live in wilson fox park where we can't hunt, in 2010 my buddy was out at the boat ramp at Taylor park just looking at the lake and the helicopter flew over the bathroom by the boat ramp and behind that tank and started blasting pigs, my buddy called me and i called my crew and we went out and picked up 12 hogs and 4 were still alive, i hate that they waste all of that bbq....... i will bet they have no money to pay the helo again this year which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
          also since there was not a helicopter hunt this past year you can guess that there are at least 500 more pigs to chase, probably more, if you count the whole surrounding lake, the river on both sides and behind the dam that's alot of acreage to hold the piggies, believe me there are a bunch that live in wilson fox park where we can't hunt, in 2010 my buddy was out at the boat ramp at Taylor park just looking at the lake and the helicopter flew over the bathroom by the boat ramp and behind that tank and started blasting pigs, my buddy called me and i called my crew and we went out and picked up 12 hogs and 4 were still alive, i hate that they waste all of that bbq....... i will bet they have no money to pay the helo again this year which is nice.
          Yep think that's bs that they just let them lay. Ready to be chasin some pigs instead of the deer. Have seen a lot of pigs this year while deer hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by RACK MASTER View Post
            Thank ya !

Back where i come from, thats on the list of things "You Do not Do...Ever" !
            I passed severeal hunting blinds yesterday in some nice spots, not once did i think to myself to go jump in it and hunt someone elses gear and area they've probably spent a season preparing for 1 shot opportunity.Bad call Dude !!

Comment

as many hackberry trees there are out at granger, you don't even need a stand!!!!climb the tree trim the limbs and harness yourself to the tree, that's how i have done it in the past and killed several pigs behind the water treatment plant, me personally i wouldn't be up in someone elses setup that is an unwritten law for us!!i caught a guy several years ago in my lockon and i told him that he was in my stand and he got down and apologized and i asked him if he noticed all of my corn that i hauled down a mile from the road???come on man, where is your common sense???if i am walking and i come across corn, i turn around and go the other way!!!!!!!there is plenty of room out there to hunt you just have to walk.....................anyone know where my big stand is by the primative boat launch, it is that big pecan tree that is 6 feet around and bowed over grown into the ground, i walk up on that and sit in the fork!!!killed 2 pigs off that one!!!no corn needed......just like my indian heritage except i use a bowtech.....lol

Comment

I carry rain gear. Learned my lesson before lol
                i am trying to lease that 65 acre square(pecan grove) right to the right of circleville(95)bridge where my buddy knows the owner, if your coming from circleville heading north it's that adjacent property to your right as you immediately pass the bridge and before you turn on the county road heading towards the white bass dropoff but before the rr crossing. i think could put a couple of ladders and feeders, prob be mostly for hogs but i have seen some nice deer in there.

Comment

Have seen some good deer in that area while hog hunting. Prob be a pretty **** good place to hunt!

Comment

i am trying to lease that 65 acre square(pecan grove) right to the right of circleville(95)bridge where my buddy knows the owner, if your coming from circleville heading north it's that adjacent property to your right as you immediately pass the bridge and before you turn on the county road heading towards the white bass dropoff but before the rr crossing. i think could put a couple of ladders and feeders, prob be mostly for hogs but i have seen some nice deer in there.
                    That place will be loaded with hogs and deer. I didn't get to make it out today but after seeing what I saw below the bridge at 95 I bet we will see pics today of something that hit the ground. I'm gonna go back out Tuesday. Good chance of rain and cold

Comment

i am trying to lease zthat 65 acre square(pecan grove) right to the right of circleville(95)bridge where my buddy knows the owner, if your coming from circleville heading north it's that adjacent property to your right as you immediately pass the bridge and before you turn on the county road heading towards the white bass dropoff but before the rr crossing. i think could put a couple of ladders and feeders, prob be mostly for hogs but i have seen some nice deer in there.
                      If you need somebody to throw in on a lease with you out there just let me know!

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                        If you need somebody to throw in on a lease with you out there just let me know!
                        My friend is working on it, he also may be full of sh**, he has another spot behind the dam that people are trying to sell and he is trying to buy, i will let you know!!!!!it would be nice if about 4 of us could lease that property but if it falls through we always have the rest of the river and the lake, i own 20 acres outside of bartlett behind that big red church, but we only use it for dove hunting, only cover is right next to the rr tracks, i did shoot at a bobcat some years ago during dove season but he was a little to far for bird shot. get a bunch of birds in there if we have a good mays or corn crop.

Comment

My friend is working on it, he also may be full of sh**, he has another spot behind the dam that people are trying to sell and he is trying to buy, i will let you know!!!!!it would be nice if about 4 of us could lease that property but if it falls through we always have the rest of the river and the lake, i own 20 acres outside of bartlett behind that big red church, but we only use it for dove hunting, only cover is right next to the rr tracks, i did shoot at a bobcat some years ago during dove season but he was a little to far for bird shot. get a bunch of birds in there if we have a good mays or corn crop.
                          Im down to throw in on leasing too. When you move back hollar at me i live in hutto too.

Comment

Good deal would love to have some private land out there to hunt on. When you getting back in town?

Comment

When are the date for the Granger Ranger hunt coming out? Getting pretty close and I need to put in vacation for it. Excited to make it back out for my second year.

Comment

Think GRXH is 22-24 Feb last weekend before Bownanza, that is what I am planning for. Have to schedule leave from two jobs myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X