Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmm piglets!

Comment

Hopefully there will be plenty of piglets for GRXH. They sure were good last year.

Comment

there are already some piglets on the ground

Comment

Hog Hunt - 12.28

I was out at the San Gabriel until around 6:45am, walked along the spill way all the way down to the cut over. Saw two yotes on the way down. Sat on the north side of the spill way, saw 2 does and a buck, no hogs though.

Ran into some folks on the way back to the truck who identified themselves as paintman and his wife. Real nice folks, happy to meet fellow posters. Dont worry, i wont tell anyone where you setup that feeder!!!

Comment

Went out last night to the honey hole with my beautiful fiancée and got on a large group late. They didn't know we had walked up on them as they were in a gully. I shot at a small one and missed. They spooked but didn't run off. Then a boar spotted us and proceeded to move toward us to the bottom of the hill to figure out what we were, as he did that I zapped him with a rage between the jaw bone and shoulder blade angling inside of him. He ran off into a farmers field. I tried to contact who I thought was the land owner but they were not home. Great hunt!!

Comment

Me shooting the pig. U can see all the other ones in the background
              Attached Files

Comment

nice hunt! man, thats when you need a 30-30 !

Comment

Congrats on the hunt Chris!! Were you hunting the same area that you killed that pig in last year when we ran into each other?

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    me shooting the pig. U can see all the other ones in the background
                    bro, i believe you were by that old house on top of the hill by the power lines right??? In compartment a behind the overflow, that property belongs to bofly i think, he is on the tbh forum....i know that lake so well i see a tree and i know exactly where u were, no one lives in that house i don't think, if i am right where i think u were at.....

Comment

Now that i look at the pic again i think maybe i am wrong, maybe you were over by the horse barn, u don't have to tell me i have that lake memorized and i live in colorado now until april, have taken 15 hogs at the lake with my bow in the past ten years but in 2008 i took 6, finally figured them piggies out!!!!thanks for posting the pics, i am tired of elk and mule deer already, lol can't wait to move back home, i am from taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                        Now that i look at the pic again i think maybe i am wrong, maybe you were over by the horse barn, u don't have to tell me i have that lake memorized and i live in colorado now until april, have taken 15 hogs at the lake with my bow in the past ten years but in 2008 i took 6, finally figured them piggies out!!!!thanks for posting the pics, i am tired of elk and mule deer already, lol can't wait to move back home, i am from taylor.
                        Good guesses but no luck lol. I know the lake pretty well also. Maybe when u get back we can share the woods together sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by kestimator View Post
                          Congrats on the hunt Chris!! Were you hunting the same area that you killed that pig in last year when we ran into each other?
                          Same compartment. Different area.

Comment

Well congrats again Chris on stalking them down! BTW...I forgot to mention, but that was a cool photo too!!

Comment

We got great video also but it would give to much info away regarding the spot

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                                we got great video also but it would give to much info away regarding the spot
                                lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X