SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmack View Post
    Well we are going back this weekend. Then it's the forest till dec. I will say this. Last weekend Sherry had a huge eight standing there. And I was yelling (Texting) shoot it. They said shoot all three year old eights. But she was scared she would get in trouble. It was very large (200s). Then it left right as the ranch owner told her what I had just said lol. She was very upset with herself. I told the ranch owner. Don't worry about me asking. I would rather say I am sorry when we get back. But after this weekend. I am on the forest every weekend till I get something. Then dec we shoot does at the ranch. Good job guys that are getting it done in our home. Can't wait too get back out there.
    She'll get him and it should be a blast on the does

Comment

Congrats Lee on the doe, David on the doe and Keith on a nice buck! Scott better luck next time, you'll get one just keep trying!

Comment

Dang Scott. Hate to hear that. Just remember it happens to the best of em. Part of bowhunting man.

And thanks guys.

Comment

Yep, it happens Scott. I've lost them also............ it is heart breaking though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey fellas, a buddy and I are thinking about heading down around thanksgiving or Christmas to possibly camo or hunt a day or two! Anybody have input on specific areas we should look at for camping? The Forest is huge!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stubblefield^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                Stubblefield^^^^^
                Thanks sir will look into it.

And the forest stays open to bowhunters through out the season right? Just wear orange?

The TPWD page didn't help much. It said something about antlerless tags?

Sorry we've never hunted it, just think change of scenery would be fun.

Comment

Lord, thank you for the meeting you set up between these 2 deer and my broadheads. Amen.

VENISON, it's what's for dinner!!! OMG, I'm so full!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    Thanks sir will look into it.

And the forest stays open to bowhunters through out the season right? Just wear orange?

The TPWD page didn't help much. It said something about antlerless tags?

Sorry we've never hunted it, just think change of scenery would be fun.

You can archery hunt up too the muzzle loader season. Then it's ml only. And you have too have a doe permit when general season starts.

Comment

Amen
                      Last edited by kevin nicholls; 05-09-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Looks good Kevin!

Comment

45lbs of ground hamburger. I cut mine 20% with Wrights brand bacon ends and pieces. It's makes pretty good ground meat. Now I need a doe for sausage and I'll be set.

Comment

Yea I cook some backstrap tonight and the wife has never liked much of the wild game I've killed and cooked so she gave it one more chance tonight and LOVED it!!! I said good cuz there's gonna be a lot more now. I deboned the rest tonight as well and am gonna take it in tomorrow for jalapeƱo and cheddar sausage and summer sausage.

Comment

Sounds good Lee.

Comment

i keep posting my non-nf hunting trips on shnf thread...sorry.just want to share with ya guys my hunts. had another horrible experience out at my buds property in van zandt county...needless to say i will now tuck my tail and never return to that property. i was feeling all bummed out which i know i shouldnt have and should be thankful to just hunt the nf period but i put a lot of money and time into his place to be delt the hands i was. anyways i was sitting here on this thread reading and i got a text... a retired disabled vet i gave a free fishing trip to. it was of a big 9 point he killed and i was super excited for him etc. he asked how my season was going i told him and was given another free invite to hunt....i tried to pass on it because i can hunt the sam or save some pennies and make the commute to Oklahoma and gave him that fishing trip out of the kindness of me and my way of showing our vets thank you... but he wouldnt take no as a answer and has set plans for this weekend. im pumped weather is right and he has a nice 10 point patterned down pretty well. he says this is a guaranteed hunt but i know hunting and their aint nothing guaranteed about it. i told him as long as its a peaceful hunt and no one rolls up in a atv or ready to shoot 50000 rounds where im hunting ill be happy..... any ways ill be going live on this thread in hopes of a deer this weekend!
                                Last edited by roostar14; 10-19-2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X