SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
    We heard from Baylor in Dallas this afternoon and they have accepted Trisha for treatment. We don't have a lot of details but this is the best news as far as we're concerned. I guess we'll be wearing out the road to Dallas for awhile. Thanks again for all the prayers.
    Your right about Brazoria county Damian, it's always early. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come. Tod it sounds like it may be starting.

Awesome Kevin! God is in the miracle business, Praise the Lord!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
      Awesome Kevin! God is in the miracle business, Praise the Lord!!
      Amen to that

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
        I will add to this Kevin.

Yesterday evening, I went hunting with a buddy on private property in Walker county. I had a lone mature doe come into the corn set. No yearling with her. She was wet, so I know she wasn't barren but she was still all by herself. I'm thinking she shook her yearling off so she can breed.

My buddy was sitting in tree a couple of hundred yards away and had a separate doe that skirted him by 70 yards. Shortly afterwards, a buck with nose to the ground come out trailing that doe.

Just our experience yesterday.
        Tod would you mind saying the general region of Walker County this took place (ie. N, S, E, W)? You can PM or text me if you want to. Just trying to get an idea of what they're doing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Tod would you mind saying the general region of Walker County this took place (ie. N, S, E, W)? You can PM or text me if you want to. Just trying to get an idea of what they're doing now.
          Ummmm no! That's top secret!

Comment

Were a week to week and a half from the bucks seeking out the estrus does. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
              Were a week to week and a half from the bucks seeking out the estrus does. Just my two cents.
              I've seen a buck mounting a doe on camera just 20 mins east of Huntsville. This was around October 1st or 2nd (can't remember what day). They've been doing it for a good 2 weeks in certain areas.

Comment

We were hunting on the North West side John.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                  We heard from Baylor in Dallas this afternoon and they have accepted Trisha for treatment. We don't have a lot of details but this is the best news as far as we're concerned. I guess we'll be wearing out the road to Dallas for awhile. Thanks again for all the prayers.
                  Your right about Brazoria county Damian, it's always early. I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come. Tod it sounds like it may be starting.
                  Some how I had missed this post Kevin. That's really great news! The prayers will continue.

Comment

I'm working in Ft Bend County today and I saw a buck with a doe this morning, I drove past them on the side of the dirt road. At about 10:30 this morning I had three bucks, a 7 and two 8's run right past me. One of them 10 feet away. It was pretty cool. I think they may be rutting in Ft Bend.

Comment

We were hunting on the North West side John.
                      10-4.

Sounds like it won't be long at our place then.

Comment

10-4.

Sounds like it won't be long at our place then.
                        And then.........I went and checked 2 different game cams on the Sam, and the bucks are still bachelored up.

I'm still betting the last week of October is looking good.

Comment

And then.........I went and checked 2 different game cams on the Sam, and the bucks are still bachelored up.

Bingo

Comment

Prayers sent Kevin that is Good news

Comment

Yeah, were a week or so away from go time! Bring it on!!

Comment

I think I'm going to skip out of work Friday and go sit in a tree in W Columbia. All those bucks running around me today will do that to a fella. Heck I might have to go tomorrow evening too.

Comment

Working...
                                X