Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Laguna Atascosa 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone, long time watcher first time poster. Am going on first bow hunt next week and looking forward to it. Going to try area 4 this year any thoughts or advise? Hunted area 6 last hunt this year in Jan. was miserable. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by countryrebel View Post
      Hello Everyone, long time watcher first time poster. Am going on first bow hunt next week and looking forward to it. Going to try area 4 this year any thoughts or advise? Hunted area 6 last hunt this year in Jan. was miserable. Thanks for the help.
      There is no area 4 to hunt or else you'll be arrested. You can hunt 2,3,5,6 or 8. Section 1 is still closed bc of the tick quarantine.

I sit on a tripod and hunt trails, more specifically many trails that intersect or are very close together with the wind blowing to an open area. You should have a couple of spots to hunt, one for the northeast wind and one for the southeast wind. I don't hear of too many success stories of hunters just walking around and getting lucky. If you want to get away from the crowds, areas 2 and 3 are your best bet.

Bring lots of bug spray. Good luck to all this Friday. Weather should be okay. I'll be in section 8 or 3.

Comment

We'll be in 8 and 3 as well. What's the water levels looking like? Last year was pretty wet and we couldn't hardly get across.

Comment

I stand corrected it's area 3.

Comment

I will be using a ghost blind and see how that works out. I took it last year but stayed in a tripod the entire trip.

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
              We'll be in 8 and 3 as well. What's the water levels looking like? Last year was pretty wet and we couldn't hardly get across.
              Water levels still high. Some of the islands in 2 and 3 will require hip waders. The ditch running north and south in 8 is full. But... the muck and mud is not there when walking.

FM106 is closed which means there's only one way in and one way out of the refuge via Buena Vista Road.

Comment

Who's setting up this Thursday? Getting pumped, can't wait. Even though it's one of the toughest hunts, we all still love it. :-)

Comment

Looking like rain for you first hunt guys

Comment

Packing and getting ready for tomorrow's set up. Good luck to all doing the first hunt.

Comment

I'm setting up tomorrow too. Friday should be okay. Saturday gonna be blowing hard from north, but should be good the rest of the days. Good luck to all and be safe

Comment

I'll be out there Sunday. Let me know if anyone needs any help out there. Wifey already giving me a hard time about smiling a lot and being in a good mood while setting up for hunt. Lol.

Comment

Should be there Friday evening thru Monday. Let me know if someone needs help hauling out

Comment

Got set up and ready for tomorrow. Be safe everyone.

Comment

My dad and I got drawn for Rifle hunt Jan 2-4. Looking forward to it

Comment

Good luck to all the hunters going out this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X