No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillary, can we assume that you all were unable yo connect with an animal on this hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
      Hillary, can we assume that you all were unable yo connect with an animal on this hunt?
      X2

How were the ticks and chiggers this year?

Comment

I was picking ticks off for several days after the hunt. Chiggers were not bad.

Comment

Oh goodness I'm sorry! I wrote a recap on the way back that Sunday and I guess it never posted?
          Any ways.
          No, Kody and I were not successful on our hunt. There were a few factors in that, but learned a lot.

The executive inn room was horrific. There was black mold everywhere and we checked in late. So it was too late to move hotels. So not too much sleep on the first night. Lol

Setting the tone on the hunt were a few guys that just really rubbed us wrong. At orientation we overheard a "big bad hunter" that came during the bow hunts and proceeded to tell everyone how he thought he shot a big hog and it ended up being a fawn.

So from the start we wanted to try and hunt where people weren't hunting. Lol. Which had us limited. But we worked with what we had.

We had a really hot first day. Temps got into the mid-low 80's. We saw nothing that day.
          Next day, after a much better nights sleep, we jumped 2 does on our hike in.
          That was all we saw that day.
          The wind turned up for 30mph with gusts above 50. It was not the ideal hunting situation.

So the rest pretty much follows suit. Just no luck where we were.
          We learned a ton, I would love to draw tags again down there.
          This was also out first public land hunt, so that in itself taught us a great deal.
          The Ticks were thick!!

I think if we ever draw again we would have a much better game plan. But all in all it was enjoyable. Just tough.

Comment

Working...
          X