No announcement yet.

Archery draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st draw for archery is over and posted "pending 2nd drawing for me, That gives me
    5 points for next year!

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
      I just got notification on Richland Creek. Second year in a row. Couldn't go last year because of Mule Deer archery and I may not this year because of work.
      Dude, there are deer out there that would put the Chap to shame!!!
      I'd say it's time to cash in on those "sick days"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbler View Post
        Abilene here too.
        Anybody been? What's the scoop?
        Awesome. Got drawn for it last year. It will be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          Dude, there are deer out there that would put the Chap to shame!!!
          I'd say it's time to cash in on those "sick days"!!!
          Problem is that I'm contract right now probably to convert to full time next week as the CFO/Controller for the company. I'm not going to get to hunt much this fall. At least I haven't lost any pref points.

Comment

So if you don't pay for the permit, you don't lose your points?

Comment

I was drawn for Gene Howe but will be unable to attend as I will be on an elk hunt in Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                No

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                  Problem is that I'm contract right now probably to convert to full time next week as the CFO/Controller for the company. I'm not going to get to hunt much this fall. At least I haven't lost any pref points.
                  Bummer. I've been lucky enough to bow hunt it twice. Loved it!!

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                  Once you get drawn, you lose your points. Only time you don't lose your points is if you get to hunt as a stand-by.

Comment

Once you get drawn, you lose your points. Only time you don't lose your points is if you get to hunt as a stand-by.
                    Or the hunt gets cancelled for some reason like flooding which is prone to happen @ richland creek.

Comment

pending 2nd draw for all 5 that i put in for.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Or the hunt gets cancelled for some reason like flooding which is prone to happen @ richland creek.
                        Yep, forgot about that.
                        And IF a hunt gets cancelled, make sure to call somebody at TPWD to make sure it gets reinstated. Happen to me once and did not find out till the next year. Had hell getting it back.

Comment

Don't knock it. It's a great place to hunt. Lot of deer!!!
                          O I'm not, I feel really lucky to get picked anywhere year one. Heck I had already reviewed some of your past post as research prior to your post. Hopefully after I look at some Topo maps I can ask you a few questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Ironman View Post
                            Hopefully after I look at some Topo maps I can ask you a few questions?
                            All the times I've been there, 3 out of the 4 were in the same place. All I can tell ya, if you get the compartment that you drive in from behind the check in station, I can tell you where I would set up!! I want to say it's comp. #1.

Comment

Originally posted by graesz View Post
                              I was drawn for Gene Howe but will be unable to attend as I will be on an elk hunt in Colorado
                              This was my problem. I applied hoping that I wouldn't draw because I'll be in Colorado too. So I applied with 2 other guys for the place with the worst odds. Luckily, I wasn't selected.

Wish TPWD would offer an option for PP only.

Comment

I got drawn for Gus Engeling, first archery draw. I can't wait, the prep begins.

Comment

Working...
                                X