Archery draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willisdm View Post
    Wasp, that is pretty good way to break down the standbys.
    Thanks, It seems that everyone wants to believe that due to the second chance drawing there is no more stand by, that is simply not true. Stand by is a great way to get to hunt without losing those precious "Loyalty Points". I encourage every one to get out there and try it, just make sure you have a plan B.

Comment

Archery draw hunts

Originally posted by wasp9760 View Post
      Thanks, It seems that everyone wants to believe that due to the second chance drawing there is no more stand by, that is simply not true. Stand by is a great way to get to hunt without losing those precious "Loyalty Points". I encourage every one to get out there and try it, just make sure you have a plan B.

You are right BUT the standbys for most places are only going to be the one card thanks for coming. I have already called several units and was told all spots were paid in full and they will only draw 1 card. Two units told me they may do away with standbys altogether next year. It is totally up to the area manager..

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
        You are right BUT the standbys for most places are only going to be the one card thanks for coming. I have already called several units and was told all spots were paid in full and they will only draw 1 card. Two units told me they may do away with standbys altogether next year. It is totally up to the area manager..
        It has always been up to area manager, Looking through the forms this morning, Enchanted Rock did allow 10 standby hunters to hunt. It didn't say how many applied for the positions but I'm sure the odds were much better than the original draw. Most of the biologist want to have a good harvest rate to control the herd numbers. As for the ones I have attended in the past, Kerr WMA allowed a few adult positions but when it came to the youth hunt they filled the place up, wanting every kid to get a chance to hunt.

Comment

It has always been up to area manager, Looking through the forms this morning, Enchanted Rock did allow 10 standby hunters to hunt. It didn't say how many applied for the positions but I'm sure the odds were much better than the original draw. Most of the biologist want to have a good harvest rate to control the herd numbers. As for the ones I have attended in the past, Kerr WMA allowed a few adult positions but when it came to the youth hunt they filled the place up, wanting every kid to get a chance to hunt.

Looking thru the forms ? Do you work for TPWD?

Comment

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
            Looking thru the forms ? Do you work for TPWD?
            NO... TexasBowhunter Forms

Comment

I was at the Enchanted Rock hunt this year I don't remembered the exact numbers, but there were originally 20 permits offered, However with the stand by hunters that were allowed to hunt there were quite a few more hunters, like 23 or 24 total that were allowed to hunt. Someone else that was there correct me if I am wrong. So, I think on occasion they will take a few more than the initial permits offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                Not selected on all mine. Now have 5 points. Good luck to all that got drawn. Be sure to tell us about your hunts.
                I know that Rock... I had my picture made on that rock with a white Fallow Deer.

Comment

Working...
                X