Archery draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas5o View Post
    I hope your 3 points is enough to get you drawn, then maybe my 9 will get me drawn too.
    The most I ever got to was 4on archery hunts.
    Cashed those in last year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      The most I ever got to was 4on archery hunts.

Cashed those in last year!!!

I think I got to 3 but that was the most. Kinda regretting my choice for archery deer this year but maybe it won't be too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo View Post
        I think I got to 3 but that was the most. Kinda regretting my choice for archery deer this year but maybe it won't be too bad.

Where'd you put in for?

Comment

I'm at 7 points this year. There were a few years I put in on a low percentage draw just for the point. I would like to get drawn again sometime though.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamphunterfw View Post
            Where'd you put in for?

Government Canyon and James Daughtery

Comment

I should of put in for government canyon the area looks nice from pics I have seen
              I put in for enchanted rock Abilene an brownwood

Comment

Originally posted by Swamphunterfw View Post
                I should of put in for government canyon the area looks nice from pics I have seen
                I put in for enchanted rock Abilene an brownwood

Enchanted Rock is one place I'd love to go to but the dates wouldn't work. Abilene would feel like hunting in my backyard. Lol. Good luck!

Comment

This may be a really stupid question, but I must ask. You signed up for both for archery?
                  Was Daughtrey a postcard hunt?
                  Last edited by John316; 08-23-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I put in gor government canyon too. Only archery spot that would work with my schedule. Only applied for hunts that fit in with the winter break from college. But for some reason I'm praying that I get one in the GC just to hunt in a more scenic landscape than east texas

Comment

Yes, I wish you had chosen some where besides Daughtrey!
                      Because that's where i picked
                      If you get picked, I doubt you will regret it.
                      I enjoyed hunting there.

Comment

I thiught about the chances here and there, but when everything was said and done figured what the heck. I put in for all I could get off for and figured I have never hunted any and who knows the long shots of Chap or somewhere like that may just hit. Even if non hit I have plenty of chances and it is a donation at the worst
                        Last edited by Bow Ironman; 08-23-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

New to the this site. Thanks for all the info. A couple of questions.

1. Does archery in draw hunts mean vertical and or crossbow?
                          I could not find an answer to this on the TPWD web site.

2. Also If you apply for a Gun hunt category can you hunt with a bow instead?

Comment

1. Not sure for this year, but in the past, it's always been the vertical ones. But it should state what the legal means is when you apply.
                            2. Yes you can bow hunt on a gun hunt if the area allows it. Again, you have to see what the legal means are for each area.

Comment

I noticed that there are no crossbow hunting categories or at least I did not see any?

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                2. Yes you can bow hunt on a gun hunt if the area allows it. Again, you have to see what the legal means are for each area.
                                It depends on the area and the people in charge running the draw hunt, we drew the gun hunt at lake whitney state park one year and I asked if I could use a compound bow on the hunt instead and was told absolutely not. They have a new guy in charge of running the state park there this year so hopefully things might change.
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 08-24-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X