"Official" Davy Crockett National Forest hunt thread 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
    Finally had a slick head walk under me then out to 20 and I buried that arrow. Woohoo backsrap for dinner. Pic to come.
    Good luck!! Did you see her go down?

Comment

Atta boy!

Comment

Finally had a slick head walk under me then out to 20 and I buried that arrow. Woohoo backsrap for dinner. Pic to come.
        Way to go Jason

Comment

good job snikrah Let's see that LDP!!

Comment

Where she be??

Comment

Well.. who wants to cut my shirt tail off? Blood trail got spotty and then nothing. No passthrough with the entrance a little high bummed out. Hopefully I do better this eve. I know shes dead but I just cant find her.
              Last edited by snikrah; 10-25-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Well.. who wants to cut my shirt tail off? Blood trail got spotty and then nothing. No passthrough with the entrance a little high bummed out. Hopefully I do better this eve. I know shes dead but I just cant find her.
                you prob walked right by here i'd go do a few more loops where you lost blood trail.

Comment

Good luck finding the doe, Snikrah!

Comment

Few yearlings and a doe so far. Anyone else seen anything yet this eve?

Comment

Had a 3 pt right under me earlier and saw a 4 pt later. Nice morning.

Comment

I was hunting near Alto yesterday evening and had a big eight walk by about 78 yds away.He dwarfed the other deer i saw. I saw 2 other small bucks and 7 does go down the same trail. Will relocate and see what happens.
                        Last edited by Johnny quest; 10-28-2013, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                          I was hunting near Alto yesterday evening and had a big eight walk by about 78 yds away.He dwarfed the other deer i saw. I saw 2 other small bucks and 7 does go down the same trail. Will relocate and see what happens.
                          Man I hate it when that happens!! Moving sounds like the right choice.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                            Man I hate it when that happens!! Moving sounds like the right choice.
                            Problem is they probably will be on another trail if I move!!!!! LOL

Comment

I was thinking of making a trip out there some,but the prob is
                              I live nowhere close to it so I figured I get on at gun season make a camp and hike
                              Around looking for a nice one. I just don't wanna **** no one off by stalking...
                              What do y'all think?id prob go on a weekday

Comment

Originally posted by unionmade482 View Post
                                I was thinking of making a trip out there some,but the prob is
                                I live nowhere close to it so I figured I get on at gun season make a camp and hike
                                Around looking for a nice one. I just don't wanna **** no one off by stalking...
                                What do y'all think?id prob go on a weekday
                                Make sure you wear your orange!!!!! And be prepared to run into someone. Your chances of of not seeing anyone will be better on the weekdays.

Comment

Working...
                                X