Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
    anyone going to aransas also.
    I've hunted Aransas many times. The problem now is the MANDATORY class that you have to attend now-a-days and it would burn up 2 vacation days just to get qualified.

During the rifle hunt, I shot a ten point & a 9 point, two different seasons. Price went up this year for rifle hunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
      I've hunted Aransas many times. The problem now is the MANDATORY class that you have to attend now-a-days and it would burn up 2 vacation days just to get qualified.

During the rifle hunt, I shot a ten point & a 9 point, two different seasons. Price went up this year for rifle hunts.
      The Bowhunter Ed class at Aransas is NOT mandatory.
      It allows early scouting for people in the class or for people that have already taken the class.
      Been hunting there for 10 Years. Toughest hunt around.

Comment

i took the bowhunter ed course on a saturday and sunday earlier this year sched and locations are on tpwd site. more and more places are requiring it nowdays, can't even put in for hagerman without it.

anyone draw hagerman? i was lucky to draw seg 2 on the first attempt, yet another reason to be dusting off the old bike.

as for hunting aransas i hunted it 1984 - 1988 i think. i know i'm not as tough, just hope i'm smart enough to use my assets wisely . sometimes old age and treachery do beat youth and enthuiasm LOL more old guys say that than young ones i'm sure.

Comment

Ok...the 2011 rules say "Highly recommended"...sorry...my bad!!

Comment

did 24 mi. on the road bike yesterday, not going to let it sneak up on me.

Comment

Better do some riding with 30 lbs or so pack on too...need to condition your behind to the
              sore booty affect ...LoL..

Comment

A lot of info here. I will be doing my first public land hunt at LA, and it will also be my first bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by RAGUIRREJR View Post
                  A lot of info here. I will be doing my first public land hunt at LA, and it will also be my first bow hunt.
                  ALAMOE!! You score on this hunting trip and you da man!! Good luck brother!. That would be some serious braggin rights right there.

Comment

Originally posted by flogORfish View Post
                    Better do some riding with 30 lbs or so pack on too...need to condition your behind to the
                    sore booty affect ...LoL..
                    my butt never gets used to the seat, they just have an uneasy truce i'm starting from scratch bought a new to me upgraded mt bike, ordered a new cart, oh yeah and a big old jel seat LOL

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                      ALAMOE!! You score on this hunting trip and you da man!! Good luck brother!. That would be some serious braggin rights right there.
                      Thanks, by the sounds of it I will be needing a ton of luck

Comment

Thanks, by the sounds of it I will be needing a ton of luck
                        don't worry man. last year was my first bow and public hunt also. shot a doe the second day and had quite a few shots on pigs but didnt wanna take em. its a hard hunt, but when u finally get that animal, its well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                          don't worry man. last year was my first bow and public hunt also. shot a doe the second day and had quite a few shots on pigs but didnt wanna take em. its a hard hunt, but when u finally get that animal, its well worth it.
                          Thanks for the boost in confidence. I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Comment

my butt never gets used to the seat, they just have an uneasy truce i'm starting from scratch bought a new to me upgraded mt bike, ordered a new cart, oh yeah and a big old jel seat LOL
                            hope the bike fits. me an a bud went down with a set of bikes a couple of years ago that were not in good repair and/or too small. disaster. We ended up on foot that week. Of course it was a little wet at first too, but the ride kicked our arses pretty good. Went with appropriate bikes the following year and last year and all was good..but still get what I like to call booty-atrophe

Comment

Originally posted by flogORfish View Post
                              hope the bike fits. me an a bud went down with a set of bikes a couple of years ago that were not in good repair and/or too small. disaster. We ended up on foot that week. Of course it was a little wet at first too, but the ride kicked our arses pretty good. Went with appropriate bikes the following year and last year and all was good..but still get what I like to call booty-atrophe
                              I'm starting to think I may just go on foot. LOL!!!

Comment

I'm starting to think I may just go on foot. LOL!!!
                                I have no idea what to expect so im taking bike to scout and go from there. Might ditch the bike too.

Comment

Working...
                                X