Bike / Stand / Cart set up for Laguna Atascosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rig Pic

Picture is a little dark but you can see bike w/bow rack, deer cart and tripod ready to go to LA.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by flogORfish View Post
      Picture is a little dark but you can see bike w/bow rack, deer cart and tripod ready to go to LA.
      THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! SWEET
      THANKS FOR SHARING. IM SAVING THE PIC

Comment

Thank You Sir. You just helped me finish up my idea for my rig. Already have everything pictures. Today at lunch.....DUCT TAPE!!

Comment

Got my permit...

Are you all going to camp out or stay at a hotel?

Comment

Didnt read all the posts but if it rains leave your bike at home.

Comment

shadetree hitch

here is my redneck version of the bike/cart rig for the person with no welder. the only tools used were a hacksaw, hand drill, and a couple of wrenches. start with a carrier like the one above the hitch, cut it off at the length you want and drill a hole vertically, my thinking was shorter would put minimal leverage on the post.

the cart is from the sportsmans guide and smelled like a warehouse fire and took months to go away, oh well it was cheap. the square tubing is from a rifle rail kit off an old strongbuilt tripod, it already had holes in the ends.
              on the cart end replace the pins with bolts & wingnuts to make it quick detach, go over one member and under the other trapping the tubing. just start bending the tubing as shown on what ever is handy. i used everything from a tree crotch to the tractor bucket. the highest form of simple redneck engeneering is the chainlinks, one vertical & one horizontal, i removed the electrical tape for clarity but a few wraps of tape take the rattle out but let it flex.

with the seat right and the hitch raised up score the post at the top of the frame, lower the hitch to the frame and score the post again above the hitch. to take on or off now remove seat post, hitch goes on or off index off the scored lines and everything is repeatable, qd's make it tooless and painless.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Hogdaddy, you added another idea to my head.

Comment

is that an ocelot?

Comment

i can tell you first hand experience if there is any dew leave the bike and walk that black mud and clay and your rubber tire are enemies. we tried n made it in about a hundred yards and said eff this and walked in. much easier to say the least. i say ride the bike on a dry day is fine but using a cart is the way to go. me and Dperez had a blast last year and will have another good year this year lord willing. for those that have not been this is REAL HUNTING not just "oh its a refuge and animals will be everywhere" kinda deal. we packed waters and snacks in one pack that i carried and my bro carried lights rope thermacells etc for the day. and yes a thermacell is a huge plus.

Comment

hogdaddy..nope a pesky house cat that wishes it were an Ocelot funny thing is I thought I saw one last year, even had video..bobcat! Then we saw another and two youngun's not too far away.

folk are right about the ride when it's wet. Better off walking and using a cart of some kind. Of course it's only been wet, one of the 4 years I've been there and we rode some of the week anyway as it dried up.

nanny slammer is also right about it being a real hunt. if you take anything from LA, you have done good!

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
                        in 2007 or 2008 not sure which i killed two cows on different days. we got them to the two track road and the refuge people opened the locked gate and let us drive to them, has this changed?
                        If you shoot a nilgai or something big if you can get it to an acess road that the warden can drive to they will help you out!!! Last year the warden was helping some guys track a nilgai they shot the day before!!!!

Comment

Every hunt should be treated as a "real hunt". Duck hunting in the salt marsh is always more exciting when you are sharing your pond with snakes, gators, more gators and big blood sucking skeeters.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
                            Every hunt should be treated as a "real hunt". Duck hunting in the salt marsh is always more exciting when you are sharing your pond with snakes, gators, more gators and big blood sucking skeeters.
                            Well you'll have your fair share of all of those and big gators of you hunt by the water.

Comment

Nicely done Hogdaddy! Your connection to the seatpost is a great idea. I've gone through several similar designs in my head and on paper, but have yet to build one. Your no weld design with the two chain links is perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by surfin Pete View Post
                                Nicely done Hogdaddy! Your connection to the seatpost is a great idea. I've gone through several similar designs in my head and on paper, but have yet to build one. Your no weld design with the two chain links is perfect. Thanks for sharing.
                                thanks and i enjoy seeing other peoples rigs as well. i just picked up another mt bike and am thinking of starting from scratch on a new rig, so am also looking for ideas including towable stands. keep them comming.

also looking at creative ways to transport bikes, particularly when towing a trailer as my rack is a reciever type.

anyone going to aransas also.

Comment

Working...
                                X