Bike / Stand / Cart set up for Laguna Atascosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
    Hope someone knows the answer to that. Sounds like it helps. Where is this two track road with the locked gate anyway?
    they are all locked. as for where it is the eagles said it best.....

call someplace paridise and kiss it goodby

Comment

That looks like it worked out good. A friend shot one last year with a muzzle loader and it split his deer cart in half! Hey, what type of shot placement did you rely on to bring that beast down? Same vitals as a deer...double lung'em?
      There was two bulls and they were cutting across an open area and my bro and I just started flinging lead and my first shot connected and spined him so down he went. The other I figured my bro would get but no such luck. This one I got was about 250yds running.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
        they are all locked. as for where it is the eagles said it best.....

call someplace paridise and kiss it goodby
        haha. i was more concerned about driving up to a locked gate than where this paradise was but i hear ya. Im sure some of you Laguna Vista Vip's have honey holes picked out. Im just planning on taking my boat down there and doin a little cast and blast/stick for a few days. Doing it more for the experience so all the info from you guys is greatly appreciated. If i find your paradise and see a shooter i promise that i will let him walk.............................................. .........................................
        ........walk into bow range that is . Thanks for the info brother.

Comment

. Im just planning on taking my boat down there and doin a little cast and blast/stick for a few days.
          We plan on doing the same as well
          But the place we stay has awesome fishing. Caught our limit every night we fished. This was my first ever snook.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344603754.134348.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	24102077

Comment

Originally posted by DPerez905 View Post
            We plan on doing the same as well
            But the place we stay has awesome fishing. Caught our limit every night we fished. This was my first ever snook.
            [ATTACH]374388[/ATTACH]
            Sounds good man. Not sure where im staying yet. 90% of my family still lives in the Valley but i may stay at the Arroyo just for sport. Hey, thanks for all the info bro and keep in touch. Im taking this 22' rig down there. Im originally from there so I may know a honey hole or two that we can try to pull some reds out of if you want.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm down brotha. If not we can fish cook and drink some beer where we are.

Comment

I got my permit and package yesterday....

NO BIKES ALLOWED!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
                  I got my permit and package yesterday....

NO BIKES ALLOWED!!
                  HAHA. Your funny..................hope your not serious

Comment

HAHA. Your funny..................hope your not serious
                    Busted!!!

Yep, I'm kidding but for a moment there were a lot of butts that snapped shut.

Bikes and nonmotorized carts are permitted. I fill the tires with fix a flat prior to going.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
                      Busted!!!

Yep, I'm kidding but for a moment there were a lot of butts that snapped shut.

Bikes and nonmotorized carts are permitted. I fill the tires with fix a flat prior to going.
                      Was already filling out a Curves application. I woulda been ready man. Git'er done.
                      Ive read of some tubeless tires that are good for out there.

Comment

gotta have some type of cart. i had the bright idea last year that if i shot something, i would just place it on my bike handle bars and ride it back but boy did that plan fail. when i finally shot my doe, i was about 4 miles in and had to place the deer on the bike and i had to walk in pitch blackness. not the greatest experience. lol. it sure was tough. this year ill be ready have a flat top wagon ready to drag my nilgai out

Comment

as for stand, i just took a chair with me everywhere i went and sat down where i though would be good. doe came about 6 yards from me, looked right at me and kept walking, and had a herd of hogs within 10 yards of me. had a tripod out there which i hunted a couple of times and didnt see anything but a bobcat and rattlesnake from there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                            gotta have some type of cart. i had the bright idea last year that if i shot something, i would just place it on my bike handle bars and ride it back but boy did that plan fail. when i finally shot my doe, i was about 4 miles in and had to place the deer on the bike and i had to walk in pitch blackness. not the greatest experience. lol. it sure was tough. this year ill be ready have a flat top wagon ready to drag my nilgai out
                            Right on. I think I'm getting a cart too. Thanks bro

Comment

For sure you can get a deer out on a cart behind a bike. Many have done that. Prep your tires, i.e. extra thick tubes, tuffy liners and slime will help you ride and hunt versus fixing your tires because you will pick up thorns. Bow rack is a necessity and unless you are a young'un, you better do some riding with your pack on before you go. A little 2 mile ride into some of the areas with ruts and sandy spots will kick your arse not to mention the booty pain of the bike seat

There are some good rig pics on the amistad bowhunter site too. The one posted by stx hunter above is about as slick/simple as you can get and all you need. You can use it to haul your tripod/stand/chair in too. That's what we've done for the past couple of years. We locked them up to mesquites and left them out in our hunt area. Of course we were hunting the same basic place each day too, or at least the area. If we knew we were moving we just bring it out before we move.

Comment

Originally posted by flogORfish View Post
                                For sure you can get a deer out on a cart behind a bike. Many have done that. Prep your tires, i.e. extra thick tubes, tuffy liners and slime will help you ride and hunt versus fixing your tires because you will pick up thorns. Bow rack is a necessity and unless you are a young'un, you better do some riding with your pack on before you go. A little 2 mile ride into some of the areas with ruts and sandy spots will kick your arse not to mention the booty pain of the bike seat

There are some good rig pics on the amistad bowhunter site too. The one posted by stx hunter above is about as slick/simple as you can get and all you need. You can use it to haul your tripod/stand/chair in too. That's what we've done for the past couple of years. We locked them up to mesquites and left them out in our hunt area. Of course we were hunting the same basic place each day too, or at least the area. If we knew we were moving we just bring it out before we move.

Good deal. thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X