"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's "mast" crop btw.

And anyone not hunting under live oaks right now is probably not seeing much.

John

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
      lmao you have 29 exactly... reply to this and your set. =P
      Graduation day.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown View Post
        Made the call, spoke with the director, his response was it sounded unusual and he would investigate. Hopefully I dont become the target of some rogue officer......
        Got a call back from the actual officer who was doing the shooting. He and a state game warden were dispatching of a wounded bird and didn't know we where there.........

All in all very helpful and apologetic.

Comment

that's a bunch of shots for a wounded bird. how big was the bid?

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
            that's a bunch of shots for a wounded bird. how big was the bid?

Yah, agreed. The funny thing is 1) we had walked the entire pond about an hour before, no sign of a wounded bird 2) they were shooting across the pond (the reason for the number of shots) with handguns (forgot shotguns.)

My immediate thoughts were if you are shooting across the pond would it have not been easier to walk over to the other side, we are talking about an acre to an acre and a half pond, not a lake, with cleanly manicured banks/ edges. Also, if you are shooting across the pond that would tell you it was something a little larger than a dove, to be able to see it. Again, I sure didn't see anything. Oh well, a reason was given, good enough, hopefully if it was for the sake of shooting it is now realized you never know who is around.

Comment

Any one hunt today? No sightings or spillage of blood? I wish I was hunting up here in Lexington, Kentucky instead or staying in the hotel for a work conference. The weather is right at 40, sunny and clear sky's, and no wind.... Wow I can't wait for those days back home!

Comment

keep waitin its supposed to warm up again this was just a teaser

Comment

Yep supposed to be lows if 62 and highs in mid 80's this weekend... Atleast the wind will die down and it won't be raining. I'm going to massacre does this weeken I don't care if I have to hire a bunch of those guys sitting on the Tibet at gas stations to put on bright orange and bells and run from one side ofthe forest twards me

Comment

that may work i'm lookin forward to gettin back in the woods again next week till then i'll be working..boo

Comment

Really too late to try to get into my spot but gonna give it a shot anyways

Comment

Lol pulled a dumbass tonight...didn't look up the pine I got on and bout 15ft up she splits into 2 trees. Too much work to move now but can see where I'm going next time

Comment

Sitting kinda close to a service road tonight, eye sight atleast and just walked what looked like a father and son walk out carrying shotguns and no orange.....only action I've seen so far

Comment

Originally posted by rageatvlawson View Post
                            Sitting kinda close to a service road tonight, eye sight atleast and just walked what looked like a father and son walk out carrying shotguns and no orange.....only action I've seen so far
                            They didnt come into range???? KIDDING

Comment

No but not sure if I have a tag for those or not lol back at truck headed home, skunked again

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge03 View Post
                                Any one hunt today? No sightings or spillage of blood? I wish I was hunting up here in Lexington, Kentucky instead or staying in the hotel for a work conference. The weather is right at 40, sunny and clear sky's, and no wind.... Wow I can't wait for those days back home!
                                Yeah Sarge, I had a near encounter with a lone doe this evening. She was under a Post Oak feeding on Acerns when I saw her. I ranged her to be 41 yards. I was just settling my 40 yard pin, when she took a step to her right, putting her quartering away really hard. I didn't like the angle and I didn't take the shot. She fed off back into the woods.

She has absolutely no idea how lucky she was!
                                Last edited by TMiddleton; 10-09-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X