No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston National Forest 12-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my tree and all set. Front is coming in now, I can feel the temp dropping

Comment

[ATTACH]401483[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
        Hope everyone is paying attention! Rules have changed.
        The bottom line for everyone should be to just wear orange. Period. Whatever the law said last year, or what it's been changed to this year, you can bet that a game warden isn't going to ticket you for having it on.

Almost forgot: good luck, guys

Comment

Good luck you guys.... Im stuck at a wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
            Good luck you guys.... Im stuck at a wedding.
            My wife and kiddos are at a wedding right now too. Bride to be isn't last name of Dunlap by any chance?

Haven't seen a thing this afternoon, nice and cool though

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
              My wife and kiddos are at a wedding right now too. Bride to be isn't last name of Dunlap by any chance?

Haven't seen a thing this afternoon, nice and cool though
              I don't know them, But its in freaking crosby ....my wifes friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                I don't know them, But its in freaking crosby ....my wifes friends.
                Not the same one, they are in the woodlands

Comment

Originally posted by ajmartinez View Post
                  I collected a lot of trash after someone discharged at least 6 rounds of ammunition near my spot. Decided to scout other areas and somehow my GPS liberated itself from my lanyard. My phone was useless for navigation so I had to fall back on my dead reckoning skills to get back to my car. Next time my compass is going in my backpack for sure. It never should have left it in the first place.

Never seen so much hog sign in my life, including Ft. Benning.
                  Shi* hole Ft. Benning, GA!!! I can go the rest of my life without seeing that base again. I was there in 2003 for basic (19th Infantry Regiment) and again in 2007 for Ranger School (4th Ranger Battalion). I moved on to 5th Ranger Battalion in Dahlonega, Georgia, where I broke my leg during a repel exercise. But if I know one thing about Ft. Benning, it’s there are hogs everywhere. It sucked seeing them, having a rifle and/or a pistol, and not being able to do anything about it!

Sorry guys, I don't like to talk to much about my past, kind of disheartening. But in case you were wondering, that's where the name Sarge comes from. It's good to have "like-minded" people here, now in more ways than one.

"Rock Steady AJ" and never forget "Ranger's Lead The Way"!!!

Comment

PineyWoodsBow, how high up are you? I have a 20 foot bow tether cord and this morning I climbed until my bow was bouncing, then pulled it up and went a few more feet. Once the sun came up it scared the poop out of me to see how high I was. Unfortunately no deer came under me today to test whether the height made a difference from yesterday.

Comment

I just noticed I'm not a "Nubbin' Buck" anymore!!! Yayayayayaya!!!! LMFAO!!! I don't think I could have asked for a better group prior to joining this forum!

I'm hoping as this cool front moves in, the wind won't be bad tomorrow. I got screwed out of hunting today because I helped my dad move and then come home to find my dogs dug out again. I found them chasing my neighbor’s pigs and locked them in the house while I buried an underground electric fence with shock collars on them now. My lab doesn't like it one bit but I bet she stops digging holes under my fence!!!

Good luck this evening everyone and I'll be rejoining you all in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                        PineyWoodsBow, how high up are you? I have a 20 foot bow tether cord and this morning I climbed until my bow was bouncing, then pulled it up and went a few more feet. Once the sun came up it scared the poop out of me to see how high I was. Unfortunately no deer came under me today to test whether the height made a difference from yesterday.
                        I'm about 27ft up

Comment

well, did somebody connect this evening?

Comment

I got skunked

Comment

Come on Sunday! I will get to make my first full sit of the season tomorrow, and I can't wait. Looks like the weather will be perfect! Planning on filling a doe tag. Good luck to everyone that is going out tomorrow.

Comment

I got skunked too... Guess the wud had them skittish this afternoon... Sure wish I would have connected on that doe this morning... Oh well I'll be doing an all day sit tomorrow and I'm hoping the wind does down... As of right now it will be cloudy windy and in the 50's till noon... If we. Could get rid of the windy bit it would be a perfect day! Talk to all of you in the am and I'll keep it live again :P

Comment

Working...
                                X