• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Deerkiller...

Comment

Welcome to the GS Steven

Comment

Welcome to the GS.

I did have a small ar 8 point come in yesterday but that was it besides the 2 doe.
        I went to class this moring and i got there and no class. So this was around 8 and i could have went hunting instead of waisting my time and trip up there. O well ill be out in the morning. Good Luck to those out in the woods today.

Justin

Comment

Well now I hate the I phone update. I updated my I phone last night and it turned my volume of my alarm off and I did not notice it, so I did not get up this morning to go hunt. I hope someone got something this morning. I will be out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by deerkiller View Post
            Hi guys. My name is Steven. I am new to TBH. I been watching the gs for awhile and decided to join in. I have hunted the coe around lake whitney for the past 25 years, back when your permit only lasted a week. I rattled up an nice 8pt two sundays ago and he ducked my arrow. I will be back at it this weekend. Good luck to you guys.
            The good ol' days: I remember the week long permit during general season, buckshot only, then they changed it to slug only. Welcome to TBH

Comment

Welcome to tbh.
              I seen two does that was it. Gonna try this evening. Gotta get a deer down before surgery.

Comment

After my final tonight I'll be free to hunt a lot more this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdiger View Post
                  Anyone see anything today?
                  Bunch of doe. One 6 point and another small buck. I had to move spots. I've worn that one out. They spooky when they get around my corn.

Comment

What is the avg distance most walk from a gate to get to your spot? The walk in or out isnt that bad but if you killed something it would suck to pack it out 2 miles. Do you have to enter from the marked access points?

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                      What is the avg distance most walk from a gate to get to your spot? The walk in or out isnt that bad but if you killed something it would suck to pack it out 2 miles. Do you have to enter from the marked access points?
                      Your suppose to walk in at access points. And I've hunted from 2.5 miles back to about 200 yards from the gate. IMO it depends on when and where you hunt.

Comment

I just walked out about 1.5 miles. Get a deer cart. Comes in handy if you get lucky enough to shoot one. Unless you like hunting with other hunters you gotta walk out aways. Unless you can get out there on a weekday. Not so bad then. I think next year I'm going to scout out a place really far just to be by myself.

Comment

the buck i shot this year, had to drag him over 1.5 miles, took me 3 1/2 hours to make it back, did it alone too.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac19 View Post
                            the buck i shot this year, had to drag him over 1.5 miles, took me 3 1/2 hours to make it back, did it alone too.
                            Best thing I ever did was invest in a game cart.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac19 View Post
                              That why I have buddy's or get a cart.

Comment

friends were at work, I think i might need to invest in a game cart, going hunting friday, its been along 10days of no hunting, gonna try and get a doe..

Comment

Working...
                                X