Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    You know it's a bad sign when every deer you see is constantly looking up at the trees. It's also bad when as soon as they see corn on the ground there whole demeanor changes, and they become very cautious. They start associated the corn with the big blobs that fling sticks at them from the tops of trees.
    Too true. I've been deer watching the last few weeks in hopes of getting my wife a perfect opportunity. They have been cleaning up my corn while I watch. You can pretty much count on them looking up, left, right, and behind them every few seconds.

I scout from a tri-pod where I can see as far as possible, and another thing I've witnessed on probably a dozen occasions this year: the deer will run past tree lines to get in to a field, then walk across the field, and run again when they get about 40 yards from the edge of the field. I guess they've been shot at a few times while entering fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody The Great View Post
      Who scouts at 845 in the morning during the rut? I had two people walk right underneath me this morning.
      Wasn't me just getting here and driving for now
      around perimeter.
      Just passed a red dodge with sticker on 1713.

Comment

Finally back in the stand! See what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          Wasn't me just getting here and driving for now
          around perimeter.
          Just passed a red dodge with sticker on 1713.
          I drive a silver dodge but it is currently red due to a high level of mud on it. And I have a tbh sticker.

Comment

Well not going to make it out tonight. I woke up to late
            but I will be there in the morning.

Comment

Sitting here in a tree again........waiting on something to make an appearance.

Comment

2 doe just walked straight under my stand. But no bucks with em.

Comment

I think I'll get out there all day tomorrow. Gonna be chilly in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                    I think I'll get out there all day tomorrow. Gonna be chilly in the morning.
                    Good time to be in the woods as long as you can whenever you can…Good Luck to all.

HG

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                      TG have you killed any ducks yet? Ty and some friends have been slaughtering some on private land. I still have not got my permit yet. I hope to get it in the next few weeks when school gets out.
                      Haven't been able to yet this year. Winds have been to high for me. Or my yard to wet to get the boat from the back to the front. Looks like another windy wet weekend coming up. I don't mind hunting in a light rain, except when trying to get my boat out of the yard.

Comment

Didn't see nothing tonight. Hopefully the morning will be better.

Comment

This morning was ok missed a spike and seen a 4 point but the night was a bust good luck to yall that are going out in the morning

Comment

I watched 3 does walk under me this morning, no bucks. The morning before my buddy watched 8 does no bucks. I guess they were the ugly ones. The week before every doe in the area was running ahead of a buck.
                            Last edited by Death Whisper; 11-29-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Anyone see anything today?

Comment

Hi guys. My name is Steven. I am new to TBH. I been watching the gs for awhile and decided to join in. I have hunted the coe around lake whitney for the past 25 years, back when your permit only lasted a week. I rattled up an nice 8pt two sundays ago and he ducked my arrow. I will be back at it this weekend. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X