No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only thing to come back was the button bucks.Had a great time spending time with the wife in a tree

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
      Only thing to come back was the button bucks.Had a great time spending time with the wife in a tree
      I ain't sayin nothin ..

Comment

Hey all I am in Uganda will be on the way to Dubai in a few hours then the long run home. Friday can't come fast enough, see ya all in a few. Good time spent with the misses Matt.

I agree slingshot and bearings, Lance did you put that blind where I think you did, in the area I suggested you to go??

Comment

Well no does left in 302 My daughter Sadie shot a good one this morning about 07:00.Shot her at 5 steps from the blind Way to go Sadie on your first whitetail Daddy is proud

Congrats! I know your a proud Pappa

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
            Hey all I am in Uganda will be on the way to Dubai in a few hours then the long run home. Friday can't come fast enough, see ya all in a few. Good time spent with the misses Matt.

I agree slingshot and bearings, Lance did you put that blind where I think you did, in the area I suggested you to go??
            Have a safe trip brother

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
              I ain't sayin nothin ..
              Me either Ed

Comment

Well tomorrow will be back in the tree hoping she finaly connects

Comment

Guys I am new at this and was wondering if it is to late to be able to get on at fort hood? Also what do you have to do to get a permit to hunt there.

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
                    Guys I am new at this and was wondering if it is to late to be able to get on at fort hood? Also what do you have to do to get a permit to hunt there.
                    Must have proof of hunter safety and come up and see us up at the sportsmans center to get your on post permit.

Comment

Well tomorrow will be back in the tree hoping she finaly connects

Comment

This is my first year hunting FH. My buddy told me that originally they planned for us to turn in the coordinates of our stands so we wouldn't set up within a certain distance of someone else. Is this true, and if so how do we find that list of all the stands?

I looked around before I setup my spot in August, but sure enough opening morning I heard a feeder going off pretty close to me. I'm just trying to figure out how to avoid this next year.

Comment

[QUOTE=BirdRanger;4316386]Hey all I am in Uganda will be on the way to Dubai in a few hours then the long run home. Friday can't come fast enough, see ya all in a few. Good time spent with the misses Matt.

I agree slingshot and bearings, Lance did you put that blind where I think you did, in the area I suggested you to go??[/QUOTE]

Have a safe trip. Hope to see you after you have some good quality time with the family. No, I didn't. I have a hard enough time trying to keep my other spot corned. I am patiently waiting for the OTHER spot to open up. Still corning that one. Should be good if it ever opens up and I can get in. In fact, I need to call SC right now to see if they have the area access for this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by txyz View Post
                            This is my first year hunting FH. My buddy told me that originally they planned for us to turn in the coordinates of our stands so we wouldn't set up within a certain distance of someone else. Is this true, and if so how do we find that list of all the stands?

I looked around before I setup my spot in August, but sure enough opening morning I heard a feeder going off pretty close to me. I'm just trying to figure out how to avoid this next year.
                            Some of the areas get high trafic best advice is to get way off the beten path and hope that no is set up that close

Comment

Well I am closed again this weekend guess I am going to have to go and scout another area. Boy I hate that I have several sets scattered out through 45/46 I figured 1 week sure but not 2.

Comment

I checked the area acces update ,and that was for last week when will this weekend come out ?

Comment

Working...
                                X