No announcement yet.

Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got 5 interviews today sure need some luck see what happens. Then off to the new set up and whack a critter.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdRanger View Post
      Got 5 interviews today sure need some luck see what happens. Then off to the new set up and whack a critter.
      You'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntjunkie View Post
        I hunted area 22 Thursday thru Sat and did not even see a squirrel. I met Hoodhog hunter at the sportsman center and want to thank him for his help. Green screen folks are the best.
        I hunted 306 all weekend. I didn't see anything, except 1 squirrel and a few birds. Yesterday evening, I put out some of that Gravedigger stuff that BirdRanger was talking about. Hopefully, I'll have the same results.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Luck sent your way!

Comment

I gave up on deer hunting (saving myself for OK and AL) and went out and shot a pig last night. Ground it up for sausage and ground pork. Eating some now. Um, Um good. Whatever made me want to go deer hunting?

Comment

Hey Matt! The piggies are back. Cold weather ought to bring them out in the daylight hours. Still creatures of the evening. Sour corn seems to work. Same place, up the hill.

Comment

It's 1976 and I'm headed north on Japanese rt 134 in my Nissan 510 SS (the dual carb 1800 cc version) listening to "Hey Jude" on the 8 track. Nope, not the Beatles, but Jessie Colter.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIamCLArCKc&feature=related"]Jessi Colter / Hey Jude - YouTube[/ame]

That'd be Waylon of Luckenbach, TX fame

In case y'all have never been there, you need to gather up the family and make a trip. It ain't far .. I can't think of how to explain the joint to y'all, so you'll just have to do a Youtube search on it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZeYDBY4fw"]Waylon Jennings Luckenbach Texas - YouTube[/ame]

While I'm being a Texas tour guide for the Central Texas area, a good place to go (not with the kiddies) is to catch "Two Tons of Steel" at Gruene Hall in New Braunfells (Texas oldest dance hall/honky tonk).

If you don't want to do that you can always catch them at Marble Falls (closer).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOpjAO-ah-U"]SEDATED Two Tons of Steel at the House of Blue Lights - YouTube[/ame]

Of course you always want to keep your eyes out for either one of these guys ...
                Dale Watson and Billy Joe Shaver. (The story behind this one is Billy Joe got in a ruckus and shot a guy. He beat the rap.)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53CT6f5f4ak"]Billy Joe Shaver & Dale Watson - YouTube[/ame]

We all know who Billie Joe Shaver is (I think)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oadm3K4aeo"]Billy Joe Shaver - Ragged Old Truck.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

O.K. so who the devil is Dale Watson? Ain't got a clue, but here's a sample of his many talents.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eVRt2JXE84&feature=related"]dale watson at his best - YouTube[/ame]

I'm outta here. Game five of the world series is calling.
                Last edited by EdO; 10-24-2011, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Met Billy Joe Shaver in Nashville at grand old opry back in the late90's still a mean picker

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
                    I gave up on deer hunting (saving myself for OK and AL) and went out and shot a pig last night. Ground it up for sausage and ground pork. Eating some now. Um, Um good. Whatever made me want to go deer hunting?
                    Congrats on the pork Ed. Glad to see they are still out in full force. How is it looking by the fenceline? Heard ya'll finally got some rain......hope it got the wallows going again. I hope to be back in December and get a crack at a few before I head off to Arizona. Unfortunately it does not look like they have too many hogs there (YET) so I will have to divert my hunting attention to the rabbits and yotes to pass time. Hope ya'll are having a productive and fun season.

Comment

Good luck with the interviews Kevin. Hope everything works out for ya! How are them Lampasas deer lookin? If you are overrun with does, I would be willing to lend you my services to help out with a few when I get back!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXArrowSlinger View Post
                        Congrats on the pork Ed. Glad to see they are still out in full force. How is it looking by the fenceline? Heard ya'll finally got some rain......hope it got the wallows going again. I hope to be back in December and get a crack at a few before I head off to Arizona. Unfortunately it does not look like they have too many hogs there (YET) so I will have to divert my hunting attention to the rabbits and yotes to pass time. Hope ya'll are having a productive and fun season.

PCS or more school?

Comment

TX I am over run with doe and I got a bunch of scrub bucks hanging around might be able to help out after Kevin Tanner gets his deer this year. Job interviews I think went well I got 2 offers already but waiting till today for a new gas,oil job that opened up in Lampasas I interviewed for, find that out today. BMI is a good company to work with for headhunting. Ed any them hogs head over towards my old rock pile stand, I may have to go check it out. All have a great day and good hunting if your in the woods.

Comment

TX I am over run with doe and I got a bunch of scrub bucks hanging around might be able to help out after Kevin Tanner gets his deer this year. Job interviews I think went well I got 2 offers already but waiting till today for a new gas,oil job that opened up in Lampasas I interviewed for, find that out today. BMI is a good company to work with for headhunting. Ed any them hogs head over towards my old rock pile stand, I may have to go check it out. All have a great day and good hunting if your in the woods.
                            Kevin, Just throw out some sour corn, they'll find it. Stuff works great (if you can stand it yourself). For darned sure covers your scent.

Good luck on getting what you want. Lampassas sounds good for your location.

Comment

I got the site visit. Deal is sealed with the job feels good not too move. Sour corn who has a spot I can borrow for a bit to whack one.

Comment

I got the site visit. Deal is sealed with the job feels good not too move. Sour corn who has a spot I can borrow for a bit to whack one.
                                Congratulations! I just got my stand set up a week and a half ago, so there isn't anything coming in yet, or you would be welcome to it.

I found a spot down in 105 that looks to have some activity passing through, but I haven't set anything up there yet.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X