No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Teal are already on the move seen about 100 bluewings this morning on the Trinity. For all you new comers shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Permit update: The website to get your permit is shut down until Monday.
      Last years permits issued: 2611
      Hunters that did a report: 583 (23%)
      Half of the hunters will be allowed permits this year due to not reporting their hunters activity survey. "Im glad I did mine early". West

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
        The Teal are already on the move seen about 100 bluewings this morning on the Trinity. For all you new comers shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
        I've seen a lot of teal out there on the Nolan before. I've always wanted to go hunt them, but I've never done any early season teal hunting. Seems to always slip my mind.

Comment

Love the smell of bow season in the air

Comment

I will be out this weekend at Aq if anyone wants to meet for lunch. I think I will be out both days, I have abunch of spots I want to check out.

Comment

We mite be out sunday not sure yet

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
                I will be out this weekend at Aq if anyone wants to meet for lunch. I think I will be out both days, I have abunch of spots I want to check out.
                Ill be there Fri Sat Sunday. The burgershack and or th hiddayway bar.

Comment

I didn't get a permit last year but I can't remember if I turned one in the year before. Hope that don't go against me. I'll be heading down there next Friday to get mine and maybe do some scouting. Ready to get back in the woods. Daddy needs a break from these chitlins

Comment

I've got 172 spots picked out since I first started hunting down there. Yall be sure to stay off them. Or was it 173 ?

J/K Yall!

But I do have a lot of places to go should someone already be at one . Work it!

Comment

Got my permit yesterday, liscense today and almost done with this, I am getting ready to roll!

Comment

When you guys boat to a spot, what do you do with your boat? Just beach it and hope nobody jacks with it? Chain it up?

I'll be using a kayak or canoe, and I was thinking I'd hide it in some weeds. I don't figure anyone would take it, but I want to be sure.

Comment

Hum, If your canoein to a spot generally there arent any entrance roads and your not huntin far from shore.? Should be alright. Little Rocky??? Kings Creek??? Where you talkin?

Comment

Texas Grown, I see all of your stands Im gonna set in each one....prob 3 or 4 a day!!!!! HaHaHa1!! We'll have a party!!!!YEEEHAW
                            Last edited by rainbow trout; 08-18-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow trout View Post
                              Hum, If your canoein to a spot generally there arent any entrance roads and your not huntin far from shore.? Should be alright. Little Rocky??? Kings Creek??? Where you talkin?
                              Yeah, if someone wanted to take it, they'd have to hop in and paddle away. Probably not too many willing to do that, but I'd rather not have to give away my kayak to find out.

I'm not sure yet just where I'll be hunting, but just looking over maps, there's a lot of good places to hunt that look easier to access by boat than by foot.

Comment

Are you talkin Whitney or Aquilla?

Comment

Working...
                                X