No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright.. I've been hunting and bowfishing my whole life but this year I am new to bow hunting.. I'm getting a climber and hitting it hard this season..

Also I have close friends that live in the canyons subdivision on Whitney and have seen a good population of deer in this area so I've decided to split my time between Houston county and Whitney. Now for the questions:

1. If I buy the $48 APH thru tpwd am I legal on core land?
    2. How can I determine the boundary lines of the Coe properties? Is there a map book? Are the boundaries marked? (like the yellow signs on the type 2 properties)

Thanks fellas,
    Jason R

Comment

No you need the free permit from the corp and corp fence has markers for the most part

Comment

I got mine yesterday and I was number 19. A friend of mine got his last night and he was 26. He hadnt done his survey, but he filled it out online last night and then printed his tag.

Comment

Just tried to print out my permit guess the site is being worked on said have to wait and check back at the end of the week already up to 58.

Comment

I got a idea for those worried about steppin on toes. I'll post my grid coordinates for where i set up. If it conflicts with any body else, just let me know. I'll make room, i got a penthouse blind. Just kidding, but i will post them, so yall will know where i'm at. not everybody that hunts aquilla is on tbh, but at least yall will know where i'm at.

Comment

Im ready, Thinking about going scouting on saturday maybe sunday morning.

Comment

668784E
                3531914N

I go by boat, Silver bass tracker, with grey carpet. i put in at Old School. beach it walk into the woods for some me time, heck yea. No seriously if this is to close to any of you guys let me know. i've been hunting the same spot for a few years. goin scoutin this weekend, maybe.

Comment

filled out my online survey a little late. i called and they said it was no big deal as long as it was turned in period.

Comment

Originally posted by huntxtrm View Post
                    668784E
                    3531914N

I go by boat, Silver bass tracker, with grey carpet. i put in at Old School. beach it walk into the woods for some me time, heck yea. No seriously if this is to close to any of you guys let me know. i've been hunting the same spot for a few years. goin scoutin this weekend, maybe.
                    Look for my no tresspassing signs and you can see a couple of our old ladder stands from corp side of the fence. If you hit that fence line or see the stands, you know you've found my spot. I can hear all the boats launch from old school on my property.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
                      Good to know where I can catch a shower
                      Heck ya, the water hose is always open for anyone on TBH...May be a little nippy in December...

Comment

ha ha.. love the stories of these folks claiming to own whitney or aquilla. ran into a hunter a few yrs ago who acted like he owned the park. we dubbed him the "park ranger". we giggle to ourselves everytime we see this dude.

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
                          ha ha.. love the stories of these folks claiming to own whitney or aquilla. ran into a hunter a few yrs ago who acted like he owned the park. we dubbed him the "park ranger". we giggle to ourselves everytime we see this dude.
                          Not sure if you are talking about me or not, but I'm not claiming corp property. I hunt a piece of land that is sandwiched by corp on 3 sides. I will venture over to the corp side and hunt it at certain times of the year.I occasionally get a wanderer who doesn't catch the no tresspasing signs and the corp property line signs, and the feeders, and the stands and cameras, and blinds and cleaning station, and think they are still on corp land.

Comment

I'll be watching (as always) to see how y'all do this year. I haven't actually hunted the corp land since the mid 80s. I'm a disabled vet so when they fenced off the corp land they fenced me out. Even if I could get in to hunt I'd never get anything out.
                            I have a small place that butts up to corp land that I can hunt. The deer are looking good this year but the hogs have just started moving in.
                            Good luck to everyone, kill the big ones and save the little ones. (For me)

Comment

oh no.. im not talking about you erikm..this is on corps land. i hunt no where near fences or private land.

Comment

Good morning to all!!!!! Can you smell the smell??? Of deer in the air!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X