No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome gator good folks here, Really sucks for those who are having permit issues I hope they will change there minds and let folks hunt IF they will do their surveys o by the way permit # 47 here I didn't mess around LOL!!

Comment

I thought that might draw ya out Goosedog . And 10? I told you about 10? I must be getting soft hearted or slip-n. Maybe I'm just getting old . Imagine me giveing away 7% of my prime hunting locals. What were we talk-n about? Oh ya, that honey bee hive thing. I know where there is a honey bee hive if anyone is intrested. Not to worry. There all pet bees . Or was it a hole of some kind? I'll remember in a moment .

(maybe it was a fish-n hole? Or crawdad hole? Or gopher hole? or......)
      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-25-2010, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Hello everybody.
        Wish you all have a safe and successful season!!
        I am still looking for my first HOG

Comment

Permit

Yea so I usually fill out the servey right befor I get my next permit, not this year. They denied me because it is to be sent in by June. I know of seven of my friends in the same boat. If anyone knows of anything I can do let me know it is the only place I can hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by camodukhuntr View Post
            Yea so I usually fill out the servey right befor I get my next permit, not this year. They denied me because it is to be sent in by June. I know of seven of my friends in the same boat. If anyone knows of anything I can do let me know it is the only place I can hunt.
            If I knew of something, then I would have one myself. Brad said no way....and so far, he's right.

Comment

Ready to head to Aquilla this weekend to feed dinner

Comment

Going in a bit to check game camera. Might have some pics to post later.

Comment

time to strap the canoe on my ride and do some riding around. good luck to you all.

Comment

Watch your step for snakes .

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Watch your step for snakes .
                      How many poisinous snakes have you guys seen at whitney, i've done a lot of walking and yet to see one. I know they are there i just never see em i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                        How many poisinous snakes have you guys seen at whitney, i've done a lot of walking and yet to see one. I know they are there i just never see em i guess.
                        Oh yeah...They are there. When you get ready let me know and I'll show you plenty of Mocasin holes and Rattle dens...

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                          Oh yeah...They are there. When you get ready let me know and I'll show you plenty of Mocasin holes and Rattle dens...
                          Not really wanting to find them, i just hope i never find one the wrong way. My cousin works at the maverick rock pit and says he sees them more in the evening hours.I try to be very careful of where my feet and hands are always. Do you wear snake boots when out?

Comment

in almost 7yrs ive only seen one rattlesnake on aquilla. and a couple of cottonmouths.

Comment

I have never seen a snake while hunting out there.

Comment

I saw a dead copperhead on the main trail last year walking in, my buddy almost stepped on it and I almost stepped in his poopoo trail he left behind. j/k
                                A guy said he saw a rattlesnake laying out sun tanning on a pile of rocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X