Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rainbow trout View Post
    To all I told would be down at dads this weekend.....Im a grandpa as of 2 AM this morning. Check out the thread!!!
    Congrats!

Comment

Will they be having it again soon? If so, when and where? I've got two grandsons, 14 & 9 yrs. old, who loves to shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky J View Post
        Just heard back from my uncle. He said the head honcho called him back this afternoon and said " he would NOT be issued a permit for this year." they are sticking to the rules. Said if you can't follow the rules you can't hunt. He told them that he had a permit but did not hunt because he got a lease at the last minute and they said you still had to report.

Looks like the hunting pressure might be light this season since around what 70% didn't do the survey including ALL of my hunting buddies, guess i need to make some new friends.

Comment

yep. seems like it will be a good season. but i bet everyone will be prompt this year in filling out the survey. that really blows. hope the "park ranger" forgot to fill out his survey.

Comment

sneaky pm me. maybe i can help.

Comment

I read on the coe website "no handguns allowed." Does this include chl?

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
                sneaky pm me. maybe i can help.
                Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                  Looks like the hunting pressure might be light this season since around what 70% didn't do the survey including ALL of my hunting buddies, guess i need to make some new friends.
                  Yea. I hate to hear that alot of people won't be getting permits this year but yes it will ease up the pressure. Maybe it will knock out some of the ones that think they own the place and the ones that leave all their trash in the woods. Hollar at me some time and we can get together and swap lies and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky J View Post
                    Yea. I hate to hear that alot of people won't be getting permits this year but yes it will ease up the pressure. Maybe it will knock out some of the ones that think they own the place and the ones that leave all their trash in the woods. Hollar at me some time and we can get together and swap lies and stuff.
                    Sounds good, do you think they will stick to it all year or make their point and give the permits out late? It will be nice without so many people though. ( i looked again last night and out of 2511 permits 592 (23%) surveys were turned in) I think they should have check stations, when you kill something it's checked, field aged, and logged, no misunderstandings there.

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
                      Sounds good, do you think they will stick to it all year or make their point and give the permits out late? It will be nice without so many people though. ( i looked again last night and out of 2511 permits 592 (23%) surveys were turned in) I think they should have check stations, when you kill something it's checked, field aged, and logged, no misunderstandings there.
                      Don't know if they will stick to it or not. It sounds like they are going to. The surveys are just a way of them getting an idea of how many critters are in the woods the check point wouldn't help with how many were seen just how many were killed
                      Last edited by Ricky J; 08-22-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

They seem to be sticking to the rules. Brad responded to my e-mail, and he said there's no way to get a permit without the survey.

Comment

Got mine today.
                          Last edited by switchback; 08-22-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I work with a couple guys who are steaming mad about not being able to get thier permit this year. I bet they turn in the survey next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                              well fellas just got in from the bow tournament in whitney. The church had a really good showing. My team got third and recieved an Academy Gift card. Had a 12 year old on the team who already an awesome shot. All in all it was a good time hangin out with some fellas throwin sticks.
                              Was my little Brother Levi on your team I heard he got Third.

Comment

Good Morning to all!!!!! Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Did someone help bowmania on his camp site???? bowmania???? where are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X