Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how long are they banning them?

Comment

Thanks, i plan on it just waiting on my permit just mailed everything friday. First year to hunt it threw the core. My buddy got rejected and gave up a pretty good spot to deerhunt this year sorry bout his luck but il take it.

Comment

realy im not planning on giving out the spot he gave i told him il leave it alone next year when he could get a permit so he can go to hunting it alone. But he prob still get pretty mad if i take something good.
        Last edited by buckshot179; 08-30-2010, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
          how long are they banning them?
          I think just the season. Anyone check on the permit count lately?

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
            I think just the season. Anyone check on the permit count lately?
            308 permits as of now

Comment

correct TexasGrown. its been a few yrs.. dang you remember. as far as game cameras..i had the same idea considering the low number of permits issued. just have to keep in mind that some people dont give a flip about permits and hunt anyway. id put a cheap camera out in a very remote spot at best. As far as good spots...well just scout the place out is all i can say. ever since i started using a canoe i havent seen or heard another hunter. we all greet in the parking area and off we all go.

Comment

Director said every body that didn't do the survey sets out just this year. He called it the light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Comment

Sure would be nice if they used the what's new page every now and then. Like the deadline, moving the access points, and closing some access points last year. Guess that section is just for looks.

Comment

Originally posted by huntxtrm View Post
                    Director said every body that didn't do the survey sets out just this year. He called it the light at the end of the dark tunnel.
                    right now it is a very long dark tunnel

Comment

had the day off and went and got my permit, permit #316. saw them shut down another hunter that didnt fill out the survey. Im ready to go.ooooooooooooooohhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
                        Sure would be nice if they used the what's new page every now and then. Like the deadline, moving the access points, and closing some access points last year. Guess that section is just for looks.
                        Looks like they have deleted the "whats new" page on the new website, like you said they never used it.

Comment

Well looks like me and Levi will be hunting by our selves the rest of our family and friends didn't get their surveys in this year. The down side of having less hunters is the lack of movement from deer being bumbed from bedding areas. Hope every one has a safe and succsessful hunt this year. Justin... Mike... Kenny... we need to have a group duck hunt this year and hopefully I can make it this year. Oh and to all you loosers who didn't turn in a survey and aren't hunting this year
                          Last edited by LWArchery; 08-31-2010, 03:58 PM.

Comment

sounds like all the permit holders this yr need to whack em and stack em.. it will be crowded next yr.

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
                              sounds like all the permit holders this yr need to whack em and stack em.. it will be crowded next yr.
                              I hear ya! Next year will be over run hard or something else will be implemented. We'll see. Hope not.

Comment

yall let me know when we are goin and I will try to schedule it with work.

I hear the corp is willing to prosecute anyone caught huntin without a permit. Im sure they will make an example of someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X