Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
    Even though i find this a stunning image, its not what i wanted to see in regards to Harvey. He does not look like a Cat 1. Once eyewall tightens up a bit more, pressure is going to drop fast, and winds come up. Still cant believe the difference in 12 hours with this storm..

Could you post a before and after pic of this radar? My work wont allow me to access any of the current radar

Comment

Even though i find this a stunning image, its not what i wanted to see in regards to Harvey. He does not look like a Cat 1. Once eyewall tightens up a bit more, pressure is going to drop fast, and winds come up. Still cant believe the difference in 12 hours with this storm..

I totally agree. I fear reporting is behind on this one because development is so rapid. that thing is wound tight right now.

Comment

Went to HEB this morning and was waiting in line about 100 yds long. Got in and they were only limited to 4 cases of water/person. Luckily that's all I needed. About got into a fight over gas cans. They had plenty but they were going quick. There was an elderly gentlemen there cussing up a storm cause no one plugged in the scooters and they didn't have enough charge.

Finally made it out of there and headed over to Home Depot for a few more sheets of plywood. They had plenty but folks were still **** about getting theirs. I watched an older lady get the last generator off the shelf just as a man came rushing around the corner claiming that a store employee was holding that for him. She was going to give it up. I had to step in and tell this guy to **** off. It was on the shelf so it was fair game to whom ever got it first. He muttled something under his breath and stomped off.

Tensions are high but keep your cool folks, this is the time to be understanding and help one another. I then watched that same man that argued with the old lady over the generator help her load it in her truck. Then I felt good again
        Last edited by Muddy Bud; 08-24-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
          Went to HEB this morning and was waiting in line about 100 yds long. Got in and they were only limited to 4 cases of water/person. Luckily that's all I needed. About got into a fight over gas cans. They had plenty but they were going quick. There was an elderly gentlemen there cussing up a storm cause no one plugged in the scooters and they didn't have enough charge.

Finally made it out of there and headed over to Home Depot for a few more sheets of plywood. They had plenty but folks were still **** about getting theirs. I watched an older lady get the last generator off the shelf just as a man came rushing around the corner claiming that a store employee was holding that for him. She was going to give it up. I had to step in and tell this guy to **** off. It was on the shelf so it was fair game to whom ever got it first. He muttled something under his breath and stomped off.

Tensions are high but keep your cool folks but this is the time to be understanding and help one another. I then watched that same man that argued with the old lady over the generator help her load it in her truck. Then I felt good again
          He was probably trying to buy it off her at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
            Tensions are high but keep your cool folks, this is the time to be understanding and help one another. I then watched that same man that argued with the old lady over the generator help her load it in her truck. Then I felt good again
            Probably seeing if he could buy it off her for an extra hundred bucks.

Comment

I live in the meyerland area of sw Houston we flood really easily so I'm expecting to get flooded in. The last flood we had there was 2+ feet of water in our streets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last edited by GarGuy; 08-24-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Yea well macho man, I went thru Ike in Kingwood too and we were without power for almost 3 weeks... Tree on my house, had to gang up with neighbors and chain saw our way out of our neighborhood just to get to a major road like Woodland Hills and North Park or Kingwood drive... Even with gennys going, I stlll lost thousands of dollars worth of venison and fish... That ain't happening to me again. I also was in Kingwood in '94 and 2001 when we had feet, not inches of water in the gym at Kingwood high school.... There's less run-off capability in the area now than back then, so GOOD LUCK! ...and NONE of those events were close to what the predictions are for this storm...

I hope your macho don't get you (and your family) in serious trouble.

I'm not in Kingwood any longer, but I promise you I'll be as prepared as I can be for anything that comes along...
                    Why you getting so upset? I never said I was macho anything. Of course you get a tree on your house, it's bad. I spent a week helping family in Orange getting trees of there house. This storm isn't suppose to hit Kingwood like Ike did, my whole point... Why people in Kingwood and Porter feeling out when It just going to rain here. Dang people are sensitive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd be making preparations now in Victoria. Likely have a Major Hurricane right at your door step Saturday. Cat 3 could very well be low end potential for Harvey based on trends today.
                      Pretty much battened down here in Victoria. (I don't think most other people are though) I'm gonna have to ride it out here with work but thinking I'm gonna put momma and the boys on the road north this afternoon.

Comment

ho-lee-chit^^^^

Comment

HEB in Calallen north western C.C. at 5:45 this morning. Line had all ready turned the corner by the time I got in it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                            You northerners are crazy. Put fuel in my truck this morning and bought groceries for about a week. Still had pallets and pallets of water
                            Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                            I agree they are crazy. I saw one guy at the gas stations filling up about 20, 20 gallon gas cans. What the hell are they preparing for. LOL
                            One concern that I've had as I've watched the coverage on this as it's being billed as primarily a "rain event", and lots of people are only preparing as such . Even if it remained a TS, it could still spawn tornados, lighting, etc. that could easily knock out power. Once power goes, especially in rural areas, several days of rain, wind and flooding would likely prevent crews from even being able to work on restoring power until Monday, Tuesday or even later.

I'm going to "over prepare" with water, gas, food, etc. I endured no power following Allecia for almost two weeks and saw what even a TS that hangs around for a few days (Allison) can do in terms of widespread flooding and destruction.

Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Unused gasoline will keep for lawn mowers and Fighting Texas Aggie Tailgates!
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Soooooo Houston's in the clear now?

NO! Legit flooding still LIKELY here in Houston area. That has not, and probably will not change.
                              Listen to ccbluewater...I agree with everything he has said throughout this thread. I also believe models will continue to shift slowly northward up the coast and track will be adjusted. We are in for some serious weather either way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crawdaddct View Post
                                Why you getting so upset? I never said I was macho anything. Of course you get a tree on your house, it's bad. I spent a week helping family in Orange getting trees of there house. This storm isn't suppose to hit Kingwood like Ike did, my whole point... Why people in Kingwood and Porter feeling out when It just going to rain here. Dang people are sensitive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

From the looks of things, and especially if it makes a little nothern turn before making landfall, that would put the entire Houston area in the north eastern side of the storm. That means there will be a lot more than just rain. Tornadoes are often spun up on the north east side of tropical systems.

I've ridden out my share of storms, and read about a lot of people dying for doing the same thing. It is better to be over prepared than dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X