No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been steady...not necessarily heavy...but steady rain here...

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      Thats because we have a sense of community here......
      Dont like it, leave

Some people can really be a giant richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I've gotten the butt hurt here too but I'm still here. Thus making this site almost like family. We disagree argue get mad but none the less we're all still TBH'ers. Some more than other but I digress. Let's keep the good info going.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Got a pretty good one hittin' us right now... rain total will rise right on up with this one... No thunder/lightening in any of the bands so far....
        Since I posted this about half an our ago... we've gotten 2" of rain and it's still coming down hard here in Tarkington... My fancy weather station with its sensors in my back yard indicates a rainfall rate of over 4" per hour!! Starting to hear a few claps of thunder too... It's starting to get interesting out here...

Haven't heard from Tmag this morning...

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          Walker grimes county line near Bedias

Got it, be safe.

Asking cause daughter goes to Sam Houston. Got her home for the weekend but concerned about tomorrow's possible return trip.

Praying for all in line for major rain falls.

Rwc

Comment

When's he supposed to kick out and ride east?

Comment

Per KIII in Corpus there is major damage to marina area in Port A and the Pioneer RV park is a 100% loss.

Comment

Montgomery cty road reports:

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                  For those of us in the Houston area that are saying this storm was a joke, it was never the wind we were concerned with, it's been the potential rain fall.

From what I've seen it looks like a few bayous are filling up quickly and could be over their banks by the end of the day.

If we get 20+" of rain over the next few days I'm pretty sure there will be problems for many! The rain/storm is JUST STARTING for us, especially if the storm double backs and sits on Houston.
                  Wait, you mean this storm isn't over?

Some people make me wonder how they've survived this far. Insensitive people should learn to keep their thoughts inside their heads. Projected rain totals as of right now for 25" of rain where we are at over the next few days sure seems like this was overhyped even if we only get half of that, it's gonna be ugly

Comment

I'm in Falls City, which is in northern Karnes County. We've probably got 50mph sustained winds with hurricane force gusts. The rain hasn't been too bad yet. Maybe 2 inches so far. We are actually under a voluntary evacuation due to possible future flooding. I think evac is premature at this point, but if the rain gets as bad as they think it could, the San Antonio River and Cibolo Creek are going to get pretty big.

Comment

Jeff is alive and posting on twitter. The Blue Shed now has a twitter account...

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                        Got it, be safe.

Asking cause daughter goes to Sam Houston. Got her home for the weekend but concerned about tomorrow's possible return trip.

Praying for all in line for major rain falls.

Rwc

The college has been known to hold water in places. Prayers for all those affected

Comment

My inlaws in Porter just sent a pic of their place...there is already 1" inside the machine shop and it's threatening their house. When the last section of Oakhurst and other development happened it killed their drainage and now causes major issues in situations like this. It looks like another pretty serious band will be training over us again in the next hour or so. The storms now hammering Tarkington and Cleveland went over us also.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                            Jeff is alive and posting on twitter. The Blue Shed now has a twitter account...
                            The Blue Shed will go down in history.

Comment

Just took a little ride around our neighborhood in Kingwood. No drainage issues from WLHP to Mills Branch through Greentree. Looks like that band is slinging off to the east so we may have an ok afternoon. Got hit hard earlier this morning though.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                                Bye bye south Texas dove. Only 2 inches in Houston so far. It will take another day or two to know for sure but this may be the most overhyped storm of the decade.
                                If it does end up being "overhyped", what's your point? I know I'd much rather have seen everyone gtfo than have some stay because they didn't think it would be so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X