Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
    I don't have clear info, I live on the other side of town. All I know is it breached about 6am today.

It's the only one that I know of. Problem is, the river is no where near done rising so that water will continue to rise in PG.

What part of PG is this in? My Wife's grandfather lives in Plantation Place and wondering if he is under evac notice or not?

Comment

Looks like the center of the storm is starting to fill in with rain as he edges closer to the water vapor rich GOM

Comment

Kroger at Valley Ranch and 59 in New Caney is open and stocked. Very few workers so they were letting in about 20 people at a time. Figured I would share this in case anyone in our area needs to stock up.

Comment

Livingston dumping major!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

More prayers for everyone that's affected, and for those that are doing the rescues.

It looks like this #$@% storm is starting to move east. Am I seeing that correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
              That can't be right Steve. Full pool is at 201ish
              That also shows the top of the dam at 212ft which I believe is correct. Lake is 5ft from the top of the dang dam! the emergency spillway numbers have to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                THE EMERGENCY SPILLWAY IS
                173ft AND THE LAKE IS AT 206ft ???!!!!!!??? can that possibly be correct?
                that is why I didn't post that information. According to this the emergency spillway is lower than normal pool......

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  From Mcaleb road all the way to montgomery is clear and drivable.

Also... the new Kroger in Montgomery is open and stocked for those that need food/provisions.
                  Excellent, thanks

Comment

Is Harvey doing as the TBH experts expected so far today?

Comment

THE EMERGENCY SPILLWAY IS
                      173ft AND THE LAKE IS AT 206ft ???!!!!!!??? can that possibly be correct?
                      Top of spillway gates are 202ft

Spillway is 173ft . Gates are on top of it. Just looked at a picture of the spillway, so it is lots lower.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by RedRaider323; 08-28-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

That also shows the top of the dam at 212ft which I believe is correct. Lake is 5ft from the top of the dang dam! the emergency spillway numbers have to be wrong.
                        Doesn't make much sense to me either. All I know is that the lake is high and still rising here at the house on the north end. I don't think they can let the dang water out fast enough to compensate for the water coming in from Grimes and Walker county

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Well, that one fella was dead wrong

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                            Top of spillway gates are 202ft

Spillway is 173ft . Gates are on top of it. Just looked at a picture of the spillway, so it is lots lower.
                            It did say 40' x 30' gates, didn't it? Makes sense now that you say that

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                              Well, that one fella was dead wrong
                              You mean Mr. "over-hype" bermise? He sure been quiet lately... hope he don't choke on all them wet crow feathers....

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                Unfortunately yes. Looks like it's rebuilding in the gulf right now. I think the first post on this thread from Johnny laid it out pretty well.

I hate that he keeps being right.

Comment

Working...
                                X