Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    Radar looks like the center of rotation is over surfside area now. Based off the TV news guys, they are thinking it is going to push north east and take the moisture with it.

However, I do not trust them as far as I can throw them.

Hopefully one of the TBH weather gurus will chime in soon!!!
    At 10:00 AM the center was just over the coast near Corpus moving at 2MPH. It has a long way to go to reach surfside. It's going to be Tuesday night to Wednesday morning before it gets that far east.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
      Unfortunately, Harvey is tapping into the Gulf since he started the trek back to the coast. Bad thing is I don't see us getting many breaks like before in between bands now that we are closer to the Core, and moisture is just constantly getting wrapped around our area. Hopefully we won't see the intense rainfall rates, and just light to moderate, but ANY rain is bad for us right now.

Night time is when I will be concerned.. Cooler air temps mixing with Rich, warmer tropical air mass coming off the gulf is not a good combo.

Stay safe TBH. Praying for all of us!
      It has been said, but you guys have been awesome getting knowledge out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
        Unfortunately, Harvey is tapping into the Gulf since he started the trek back to the coast. Bad thing is I don't see us getting many breaks like before in between bands now that we are closer to the Core, and moisture is just constantly getting wrapped around our area. Hopefully we won't see the intense rainfall rates, and just light to moderate, but ANY rain is bad for us right now.

Night time is when I will be concerned.. Cooler air temps mixing with Rich, warmer tropical air mass coming off the gulf is not a good combo.

Stay safe TBH. Praying for all of us!

Thanks for all your information!, how long do you see it sticking around for? will it pick up speed and move out over night/tomorrow or do you see it sticking around through wed/thurs? Again the TBH weather guys are awesome and thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Comment

Is everyone in the Richmond / Rosenberg area ok?

Comment

Update from Jeff Lindner.. Wasnt sure if yall saw this.

If you are in any of the voluntary and mandatory evacuation areas in Fort Bend County….you need to leave immediately. There are pumping issues in Sienna Plantation and it is likely that some of the levees will be overtopped. Follow directions of local emergency officials

Comment

Parts of Woodforest off fish creek..

Comment

My moms place in Panther Creek in the Woodlands before they left this am.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
                  Made it on Chive.

Man, Reddit and twitter went crazy for blue shed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a FYI, for those with Diesels.. a lot (if not most) of the gas stations are out of gas..and the 'civilian pumps' are out of diesel too.... if the station has big rig pumps.. those most likely STILL have fuel...
                    The Shell station on 2854 (near the road that goes to crown oaks) has these pumps and they DO have diesel fuel at those pumps.. No Gas or Diesel at the car ports.

Comment

Is it possible for someone to get from Dallas to Rosenberg right now?? I have a buddy that is needing to get back down here becouse of his house. Can he make it?

Comment

Moderately strong winds in the Magnolia area about midnight last night. Had a big oak uprooted in the yard and it fell on the power line. Several more in the neighborhood as well. Doesn't take much wind to pull them from the mud. Ya'll be careful and pay attention to those trees when the winds get high.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                          At 10:00 AM the center was just over the coast near Corpus moving at 2MPH. It has a long way to go to reach surfside. It's going to be Tuesday night to Wednesday morning before it gets that far east.

Then the radar on weather underground is way off!!!

Center of rotation is directly on the red 80 degree dot. In between freeport and matagorda....long ways away from Corpus.

Corpus looks far away and dry in relation to everything I am seeing on radar...

Comment

I'm praying for y'all.

If any of you end up in the Dallas area look me up if you need anything.

Comment

Those asking about boats....if at all possible arrive during day light. It's been crazy trying to get boats set up with LE. Then there is the currents. 5 ton high water rescue trucks can't get to some stuff

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post

The center is about just off the coast south of Matagorda.

Comment

Working...
                                X