Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1439746128454.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	24397031

Comment

[ATTACH]734573[/ATTACH]

Comment

I've got two game cameras at home waiting for me. Can't get back there until Tuesday though (outta town for vacation), but I'm looking forward to running up to my spot and setting up some mineral licks. Does anyone have any tips to make sure your cameras don't get stolen?

Comment

Don't think we have had an issue with theft yet. We did have a couple tube feeders and a camera go missing but didn't mark it on GPS so ot could still be out there.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
            I've got two game cameras at home waiting for me. Can't get back there until Tuesday though (outta town for vacation), but I'm looking forward to running up to my spot and setting up some mineral licks. Does anyone have any tips to make sure your cameras don't get stolen?

Good luck on public ground. Public (TBH'r) would probably have some good tips. A few he shared with me was putting them up high so that they don't attract attention and camo them in.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

[ATTACH]734571[/ATTACH]

I spy with my little eye.....some studs! Nice.

Comment

Nice deer arrowslinger

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
                  Well, since Boomer Sooner is slacking this year , I guess I'll start it up. It seems these Oklahoma bucks will give you a deer education real quick unlike anything I've seen in Texas.

As Boomer Sooner says, this thread is for anything north of the Red River in the great underrated state of Oklahoma.

Our plans this year are:

1. Gain access to another 1300 acres to our west that is set up better than what we have. We're hoping to make that a permanent spot but we'll see. This would be in addition to the 750 we've got right now.

2. Make additional upgrades to the cabin we stay in (my buddy has already started).

3. FEED PENS!!!!!!!!!! The hogs are like foreign invaders and unfortunately are here to stay The only way around them is hog panels and driving T-posts but long term, it'll be worth it.

4. More trail cameras, regardless if we get that extra property or not.

What are y'all's plans? Any shed hunting? Did your target bucks make it through the season?

Long story short, we didn't get the bigger property, we'll try hard next year. We did work on the pens and the cabin and didn't get any new TC's. All but one (the biggest) of our bucks are back on camera, crossing our fingers the big one I missed last year will be back.

Some deer pics:

We are 100% sure this is the same deer from last year.

Needless to say, we're pumped.

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Well hello everybody! Sorry I am late the party this year . Been incredibly busy and haven't had much chance to post.

Looks like everything is going well for you guys. I am seeing some real nice deer posted up.

As for my season so far we just got our 6 feed locations started up and going in the past 3 weeks. Put the 6 cell phone cameras out as well.

The 2014 season was tough on me. We actually did not even kill a buck off our 1000 acres . I ended up wounding megatron. During our annual shed hunt I was happy to find his sheds though. After measuring them he would of went 175 guessing the spread . We were also able to find almost all the other mature buck sheds as well. (We found 40 something total). Needless to say I have been pretty excited to see what the deer were going to do this year .

I started getting pictures this past week and holy crap... I have never had a set of mature bucks like this on a piece of property. Right now I have counted between 10-12 deer 5 or older and 10-15 deer older then 4. Our past management over the last 10 years is really coming to fruition.

And yes megatron and t-rex are 2 of these deer. Mega actually blew and will push 190. Rex blew as well and will easily be in the 180 class. A few of the other deer are 160-170s and plethora of 140-150s.

I am not going to post pics just yet because the mms messages just aren't clear enough and don't do these giants justice . Friday I was able to put out 6 of our good Moultrie cameras and should have some excellent pictures to post when I pull cards sometime next week.

I haven't been this excited about a season in a long time and I look forward along with all you guys as well.
                    Last edited by q-all; 08-22-2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Well actually I will post a few,

Here's mega

T-rex

Comment

Now that's what I call an update!

Thanks for catching us up. You guys have definitely got a great thing going. Kudos on putting in the time and effort.

Megatron is a pure 100% grade-A stud. My Lord.

Tine length is off the charts.

Any sightings of Mr. X-mas?

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Booner, Xmas is the only shooter buck from '14 that did not show back up in the late season on camera and this was also the first spring I didn't find his sheds. It's looking like he may not of made it through . Which is a real shame because he had incredible potential to be something special.

Our place tyoically holds large number of bucks during the summer/early season and late season.. They start to disperse around October 15 each year and start showing back up mid December .. But There are still a lot of the bigger deer that stay on the property the whole season and are easily captured on camera weekly, MegA and Rex generally stay the whole time .

Comment

WOW q-all........nice deer. This is my 1st year to own and hunt in Push and I'm looking forward to it. I have a couple good deer but Megatron is a stud. Good luck

Comment

We had a great weekend of stand prep and getting ready for the upcoming season.

Got my daughter's bear proof feeder set up. I say "bear proof" because Yogi will have to be the Michael Jordan of bears to get to her thrower.
                              We will see how it goes.

This guy strikes me as not being a quitter.

Also put in hog panels to keep porky out of the corn.

Both of these will get a carbon injection if they respond to the dinner bell once season starts. We have never put this much effort into a feeder set up. I'm hoping it pays off for her. We shot her .223 on Sunday and she was in the paper at 55 yards. Was pleased.

Seeing a ton of does and fawns on camera. The shooters were a bit shy this past few weeks but we have 9 cams out now so hopefully we can start homing in on some early season patterns.

One more uninvited guest was this guy.
                              Rattler with 12 rattles. I'm 6' and I'm holding the tail just above my head. At his mid section I could only get my hand 2/3 abound it. Here's a shot of his head.
                              This weekend reminded me that we've got to be careful with the kids being out in the woods with us.

Safety first.

Micah

Comment

Forgot to show my son's set up. Tried to get FIL to let me rig it up like the first to keep it out of Fozzy's reach (his feeder) but he wanted to give it a whirl. My guess is that it will be 3-6 weeks before it serves as s one time use bear jungle gym. it is set out on "Beartrack Road".

Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X