No announcement yet.

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the shorter pines are you stand hunting or ground blind hunting? We were up Saturday and Monday to get some work done. Got a couple stands hung and checked cameras. Had a couple shooters and saw at least 20 deer coming and going from the lease. The deer were hitting the rice bran right after I put it out and the hogs that we had been seeing around the corn didn't really touch it. I am thinking of scrapping the corn and just putting out rice bran on the ground or in tube feeders. Has anyone had any luck using the tube feeders with rice bran or does it just clump up or should I mix it with protein?

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
      In the shorter pines are you stand hunting or ground blind hunting? We were up Saturday and Monday to get some work done. Got a couple stands hung and checked cameras. Had a couple shooters and saw at least 20 deer coming and going from the lease. The deer were hitting the rice bran right after I put it out and the hogs that we had been seeing around the corn didn't really touch it. I am thinking of scrapping the corn and just putting out rice bran on the ground or in tube feeders. Has anyone had any luck using the tube feeders with rice bran or does it just clump up or should I mix it with protein?
      We are using both. Tripods also.

Comment

Another lease member sent me this!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post

That's motivating. Is he known? You guys seen this one before?

Comment

Great deer slinger, r your fellow leasemates forthcoming on his location ?

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
              That's motivating. Is he known? You guys seen this one before?
              We think he is a new deer. He looks young in this picture but hard to age at that angle.

Comment

Originally posted by q-all View Post
                Great deer slinger, r your fellow leasemates forthcoming on his location ?
                Yes we share pictures and locations. We all have designated "areas" that our ours to hunt and nobody hunts someone else's location without permission.

Comment

Yes we share pictures and locations. We all have designated "areas" that our ours to hunt and nobody hunts someone else's location without permission.

"...and nobody hunts someone else's location without permission." Except the locals, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                    "...and nobody hunts someone else's location without permission." Except the locals, that is.
                    And the logging crews lol

Comment

It takes a village..... to keep all the nice, maturing stud bucks killed off way before their prime.

Comment

great bucks.

also we use tripods in the short cut pines. also have some pop up blinds.

Comment

Finally on my way to my hunting grounds with trail cameras in tow, some mineral licks and some throw and grow and a rake. Updates to follow!

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                            Finally on my way to my hunting grounds with trail cameras in tow, some mineral licks and some throw and grow and a rake. Updates to follow!

In!

Comment

2015 Pushmataha County Thread

Let the scouting begin!

Comment

Camera 1:
                                Set up on a well traveled game trail where three different trails intersect. There's a pond to the south that has lots of tracks around it. There's also a bunch of bedding areas south of that. I saw a bunch of runs in the area last year. I couldn't find any scat, which sucks. I did find a doe skeleton though that was stripped but not bleached, so I know deer still use it. Should've brought a snare to trap a 'yote, but I'm not sure if that's legal. I haven't hunted here long enough to know if deer move into this area as hunting pressure increases, but I hung a camera and set up the mineral site and threw a whole bag of throw and grow. We'll see what happens, my biggest concern is that I'm back at the end of October and there's a ton of deer around, but I still can't figure out a way to get in and out without blowing all the deer out (pretty much what I did every single time I hunted the area last year).

Here's a view from the camera;

A pic of my camera about 10' up, hopefully that'll deter anyone from messing with it:

About to head out to set up the next camera...updates to follow.

Comment

Working...
                                X