No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shop just called me. There's 2 fuel pumps for my SUV. They ordered the one for my month year. It's the wrong one. The correct is an additional $90.
    Kyle's not happy.

Comment

Ok guys I'm building arrows for an 80lb elite energy 35 with a 29" draw. Wanting to be around 500-600 grains. I was looking at using the easton FMJ 300 shafts and building from there. I mainly hunt whitetail and hogs but occasionally hunt bigger game. I have a tendency to shoot animals on the back edge of the shoulder and find my broad heads stuck in the offside shoulder. Animals never go far but the only problem is they break off my arrows every time. Wanting a setup that will pass through with this shot. I've been shooting a 70lb bow with carbon force black mamba 400s, 4 inch wraps, 3 blazer vanes, lighted nocks, and 100 grain NAP killzones. Not sure what my FOC has been but im assuming it is too low.

Comment

FOC increase

Whats your current FOC?

Do you know how to figure it out?

Here's a website that has a lot of info.
        Dr. Ed Ashby® Arrow & Broadhead Systems. High FOC Arrows and Razor Bevel Broadheads.
        Last edited by Pushbutton2; 01-02-2015, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I'd say a 250 x-impact loaded up front get with muddy he will get you there.

Comment

Remember. Pass thru is not always going to happen on a big hog. And when it doesn't most of the time the arrow is going to be broke. Just part of hunting hogs.

Contact muddyfuzzy. Try to get that 500 to 600 gn by the weight up front. Not sure why you want to shoot 80 lbs. that's a lot. And it is not needed. That is just me.

I'm running at 485 gn now with 225 total up front. Muddy can get you around 550 mark with an 250 spine good luck and have fun.

Comment

I calculated my current FOC to be about 9%. I sent muddy fuzzy a pm to get his opinion. Even on most deer right now I do not get a pass through. If I shoot them farther back the arrow will pass through easy but I favor shooting them on the back edge of the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                [ATTACH]682933[/ATTACH]brand new build for a PA customer. Black Eagle Carnivore .400 spine finishing at 347 grains with an EFOC if 19.2%. Should fly really well out of a 60# Nitrum.
                Girly arrows wife got more total weight and foc than that !!!! Jk. Pretty arrows

Comment

Originally posted by HogKiller View Post
                  I calculated my current FOC to be about 9%. I sent muddy fuzzy a pm to get his opinion. Even on most deer right now I do not get a pass through. If I shoot them farther back the arrow will pass through easy but I favor shooting them on the back edge of the shoulder.

Try this calculator out.

Comment

I have answered the PM's. Where is Ragin'?

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                      Girly arrows wife got more total weight and foc than that !!!! Jk. Pretty arrows

Your wife's arrows have exceptional EFOC, no doubt. The gentleman wanted light so we got him what he wanted but the weighted inserts were my personal touch.

Comment

I just ordered some 165 grain Simmons Land Sharks............ Whaaaaawhaaaaatt?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420245669.710116.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	24355375really excited about this one!

Comment

[ATTACH]683186[/ATTACH]really excited about this one!
                            :thumbup:

Comment

[ATTACH]683186[/ATTACH]really excited about this one!
                              I wanna know what your building !

Comment

Muddy does black eagle make waver outserts and inserts?

Comment

Working...
                                X