No announcement yet.

FOC increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a packaged deal of Grizzly stiks Iam trying to sale if anybody is interested and they match your specs.

Comment

Well I'm back to arrow testing maybe.
      I want to try my 190 grain Land Sharks. I'm having 3 GT Pierce 250 spine arrows built in the AM.
      Hopefully Muddy gets back so he can build me some Black Eagles before I run outta $.

OTII says FOC is 20.4% at 30" arrow. Not sure total weight. Guessed 600 grains total weight...

Comment

638 grains
        20.27 %

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474134510.386635.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	24461903Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1474134537.843363.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	24461904

Comment

Nice bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's what you can expect from a Simmons.

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by pushbutton2 View Post
              638 grains
              20.27 %

[ATTACH]813699[/ATTACH][ATTACH]813700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]813725[/ATTACH][ATTACH]813726[/ATTACH]
              Last edited by Pushbutton2; 09-17-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                Nice bro

[emoji106]
                I shot it a 20 yards. Set my single pin to 30. Hit 1" left.
                Moved back to 30 yds set sight at 40 hit 3" left [emoji35].
                Shot again but this time rotated peep hit less than .5" left of point of aim.
                I'd been shooting my field tips all am.

Comment

I'll play!

Black Eagle Carnivores pushing a 175 grn VPA 3 blade head mounted on a 52 grain insert, steered by three fletch FF 360 vanes. Total arrow weight is just a hair over 520 grains with 19.21% measured FOC. Not exactly sure on the speed because I haven't ran this setup through the chrono but estimating mid 240s based on previous results with a lighter shaft. Arrow flight is perfect, and the broadheads group with field tips out to 60 yards. Very happy with how the build came out and should be an efficient arrow for my setup as long as I do my part (HTR 60# @ 30")

Click image for larger version

Name:	VPA.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	24461934

Comment

that's another nice build there agtex42

Comment

Hey Muddyfuzzy?
                      I know you're shooting Simmons Broadheads. What are you using for fletchings?
                      Right now I've got 4 - 5" feathers.
                      Is there something more better?

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                        I'll play!

Black Eagle Carnivores pushing a 175 grn VPA 3 blade head mounted on a 52 grain insert, steered by three fletch FF 360 vanes. Total arrow weight is just a hair over 520 grains with 19.21% measured FOC. Not exactly sure on the speed because I haven't ran this setup through the chrono but estimating mid 240s based on previous results with a lighter shaft. Arrow flight is perfect, and the broadheads group with field tips out to 60 yards. Very happy with how the build came out and should be an efficient arrow for my setup as long as I do my part (HTR 60# @ 30")

[ATTACH]813749[/ATTACH]
                        Love ff 360 vans. Some of the best

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          Hey Muddyfuzzy?
                          I know you're shooting Simmons Broadheads. What are you using for fletchings?
                          Right now I've got 4 - 5" feathers.
                          Is there something more better?

I've had good success shooting the Landshark fletching with Blazers using a lot of helical. The high FOC makes better uses of the fletching leverage and I have good tunes on both the bows so the flight is good. I could see it being a problem with more of a marginal set up though. I think it's hard to beat what you are shooting to be honest. There are some other good options out there like the AAE max hunter and the Norway Q2i's to name a couple but those are still short/high profile vanes similar to the Blazer. The longer vanes in 4-5" will steer just about anything but weigh so much they just kill FOC.

It's hard to beat a long feather for steering potential while adding minimal weight to the rear of the arrow in the process. I think you are in the best position myself with your current set-up. How is it working for you? I've actually been pondering going back to them

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                            I've had good success shooting the Landshark fletching with Blazers using a lot of helical. The high FOC makes better uses of the fletching leverage and I have good tunes on both the bows so the flight is good. I could see it being a problem with more of a marginal set up though. I think it's hard to beat what you are shooting to be honest. There are some other good options out there like the AAE max hunter and the Norway Q2i's to name a couple but those are still short/high profile vanes similar to the Blazer. The longer vanes in 4-5" will steer just about anything but weigh so much they just kill FOC.

It's hard to beat a long feather for steering potential while adding minimal weight to the rear of the arrow in the process. I think you are in the best position myself with your current set-up. How is it working for you? I've actually been pondering going back to them

I've only shot one into foam 4 times. Seemed to fly good. They hit where I'm aiming. I just add ten yds to my single sight.
                            Hoping to use them this weekend [emoji846]

The part I don't like is I'm using the trophy ridge revolution rest and the back part of the arms gets into the feathers...

Comment

So how are you guys calculating the stiffer spine needed for the weight up front? Example- If I'm shooting 400 spine now, but next set of arrows I'm planing on adding a heavier insert and a weight to the insert and I'm cutting out my arrow wrap. How do I know how stiff of spine I should get to account for the extra weight up front. Arrows are 27.5

Comment

FOC increase

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
                                So how are you guys calculating the stiffer spine needed for the weight up front? Example- If I'm shooting 400 spine now, but next set of arrows I'm planing on adding a heavier insert and a weight to the insert and I'm cutting out my arrow wrap. How do I know how stiff of spine I should get to account for the extra weight up front. Arrows are 27.5

There's a program called On Target 2 it has a 10 day free trial.

Goldtip used to have an arrow builder on there website where u could play with different things. I just checked it. It's currently unavailable.

Comment

Working...
                                X