Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
    Well. I was gonna buy those arrows.
    However my wife's cars been acting up. My initial thoughts the fuel pump.
    Took it to the shop. Weak fuel pressure.
    Praying it'll last till Friday..
    That's an unexpected bill this time of year.

That sux.

Comment

Never good when the car starts breaking. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
        Never good when the car starts breaking. Good luck

I agree!
        It's a 2001 with 237k on it. It happens.

It's still cheaper than having a car payment :-)

Comment

I agree!
          It's a 2001 with 237k on it. It happens.

It's still cheaper than having a car payment :-)
          Yes it is. Hope it all goes well. Need them arrows

I got my velocitys shooting, finely. I have a dozen. Once gone I'll be calling muddy. Got to try the blackeagle.

Going coon and hog hunting this weekend. Hopefully they are up and moving.

Comment

Yes it is. Hope it all goes well. Need them arrows

:thumbup:

It will go well. Gods in control.

Comment

:thumbup:

It will go well. Gods in control.
              Yes he is

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420166146.817559.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	24355201brand new build for a PA customer. Black Eagle Carnivore .400 spine finishing at 347 grains with an EFOC if 19.2%. Should fly really well out of a 60# Nitrum.

Comment

I was just looking at the arrows Muddy just posted. And I have a question.
                  Has anyone experimented with the placement of the vanes and the effect they have on flight and FOC?
                  I'm referring to their distance from the nock. Closer vs farther away...

Comment

I have looked at that. But my problem is the bow I'm shooting has a 5 inch brace. So I have to set my vanes to the back. Just my thoughts. I would think you could move them Foward with a small mount of change in foc. I doubt it would hurt flight, but you cannot move very far forward as it would be into,your rest.

At one time I was fletching my blaser with one at back then the next would be 1 inch Foward and the third one 1 more inch. Never checked foc. Never saw any advantage stoped doing it
                    Last edited by enewman; 01-01-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

FOC increase

Eric is right, sometimes you don't have a choice. 4" feathers start getting into your rest at about a 6.500" brace. The same problem shooting 3" on a 5-5.500" brace bow. Fletching has more influence towards the rear of the arrow, more leverage. Moving the fletching will not impact FOC in a significant manner, you just can't move it enough.

Comment

This is what was a fad few years back
                        Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]682952[/ATTACH]

Comment

Common muddy don't leave me hanging. You no you tried that at least once. Hehe

Comment

This is what was a fad few years back
                              One of our dear friends tried this in 1984. He was laughed out of the shop.
                              I have shot over 200 national and world events and have never seen this setup on the podium.
                              I use 2.5" vanes in a 4 fletch setup now. Broad heads group as well as I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                                One of our dear friends tried this in 1984. He was laughed out of the shop.
                                I have shot over 200 national and world events and have never seen this setup on the podium.
                                I use 2.5" vanes in a 4 fletch setup now. Broad heads group as well as I have ever had.
                                That's funny how things just show up then go away and come back. I saw this and tried for the first time around 2008. And I thought it was something new. Haha 24 yrs. that's funny

I also noticed muddyfuzzy has not jumped back in. So that means he probably has also Done it. He just doesn't want to say so.
                                Last edited by enewman; 01-02-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X