Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New Mathews Chill X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post

Looks pretty good.
      My two MR 7's hit behind the pin now. I may shoot a bow for a year before I get it the way I like it.
      What I am primarily looking for is a bow like the Chill-R with the smooth draw and soft shot.
      I forgot to ask when mine was coming. It will be black with the Lost Camo limbs.

Comment

the bows are in. Have not shot them yet, but I will be shortly. I drew the ChillX and those rock mods do have a great feel.

Comment

Whoop! Can't wait to see them in person. I'm sticking with my Chill, but Jeff ordered the new mods to put on it. Those bows look SWEET!

Comment

Draw Weight-Arrow Weight-Draw Length-Kinetic Energy

70#-385gr-28''-283fps-68.40KE
            60#-385gr-28''-257fps-56.40KE

70#-425gr-28''-271fps-69.24KE
            60#-425gr-28''-239fps-53.85KE

70#-480gr-28''-256fps-69.28KE
            60#-480gr-28''-234fps-58.30KE

Our Chrono was giving us fits this morning. But we will shoot the 30'' length this afternoon and get those numbers up

Comment

Not a big fan if the looks.... Good thing I can get the mods for my chill!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BOWtechnicianTX View Post
                Draw Weight-Arrow Weight-Draw Length-Kinetic Energy

70#-385gr-28''-283fps-68.40KE

60#-385gr-28''-257fps-56.40KE

70#-425gr-28''-271fps-69.24KE

60#-425gr-28''-239fps-53.85KE

70#-480gr-28''-256fps-69.28KE

60#-480gr-28''-234fps-58.30KE

Our Chrono was giving us fits this morning. But we will shoot the 30'' length this afternoon and get those numbers up

85% mods?

Comment

Video up!

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                    85% mods?
                    yessir

Comment

Looks to me like that mod has addressed the biggest problem I had with the old MR series, which was a mushy backwall. Interesting!

Comment

BOWtechnician, can you elaborate on the balance of the bow, how it held on target, quietness etc... especially as compared to the Chill R? I test shot and was about to buy a chill R until I heard about this bow but my dealer won't have a lefty to test for a while. I didn't have anything against the chill R just prefer the specs on the X. Thanks.

Comment

I ordered one. Guess we will see.

Comment

bow was very balanced and shot very well. It now has lower ports for counter balance as well if you feel the need to add weight. It holds extremely well, which is what the rock mods were designed for. To be honest, it has the feel and hold similar to an elite and a drop stop feel of a Hoyt (Not dead solid, but firm with very little play.) As far as volume was quiet even in an enclosed indoor range and was absolutely dead in the hand to me. As compared to the Chill-R I would say the obvious difference in the increase in ATA. Im am a 32-35 bow shooter most of the time so the increased length in not huge deal to me. If you using this as a 3D/Hunting bow, it will do the job with the exception of ground blind hunting. But for a 3D specific rig it has everything id like to see in a bow.

To some it up, its very smooth at 55-60 pounds and stacks up fairly consistently throughout the draw cycle. I felt like the Chill-R stacked very fast in the beginning of it draw cycle. And the rock mods are a great upgrade to any bow.

Hope this answers some questions-Jon

Comment

Well, went to my bow shop today " West Houston"
                              Shot the new Chill X. SWEET shooter IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by pigsticker64 View Post
                                Well, went to my bow shop today " West Houston"
                                Shot the new Chill X. SWEET shooter IMO..
                                So, did you order one? I actually thought this thread was a joke at first. Nice looking bow. The Ladies Chill is looking like my kinda bow though.

Comment

Working...
                                X