No announcement yet.

New Mathews Chill X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have to recheck my shipping numbers, but I think I'll have at least one of each, X and SDX, in the shop Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post
      Mathews doesn't outsell it's competitors because of small and significant changes to their bows, they do that because of marketing and a cult/blind following. No doubt they make nice bows, I had a HeliM and liked it. I like the ChillR and feel it's a better bow than the Creed IMO. But just because they sell the most bows doesn't mean they put out the best product. But again I'll say they make a great bow, despite inflated IBO numbers.
      They have become more customer sensitive by taking a line such a the Z7 and adapting it to the different likes of a large number of archers with different likes. The Z9, a very shooter friendly bow, the Z7 magnum, a very fast solo cam. They are doing the same with the Chill line including tthe ChillX which will please either the tournament archer or the hunters who like the forgiveness of a 7" brace height combined with the 35" ata. These guys are more concerned with accuracy than how fast they can miss them.

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
        They have become more customer sensitive by taking a line such a the Z7 and adapting it to the different likes of a large number of archers with different likes. The Z9, a very shooter friendly bow, the Z7 magnum, a very fast solo cam. They are doing the same with the Chill line including tthe ChillX which will please either the tournament archer or the hunters who like the forgiveness of a 7" brace height combined with the 35" ata. These guys are more concerned with accuracy than how fast they can miss them.

I shoot a very fast bow and normally don't miss. You got somethin against me shootin speed??? Cuz those comments really get old. I surely do not have anything against yours or anyone else's set up. I don't even care if they shoot a WB and a Rage.

Comment

I dont care how fast it shoots, and Iam sure this not is the case. But I wish they would come out with a line that dont use the waffle, honey comb what ever you want to call it riser.I do like mathews bows but will shoot my reezen as long as I can. Then if they still only offer the waffle I will switch brands. Very intrested in seeing the chill x though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            I shoot a very fast bow and normally don't miss. You got somethin against me shootin speed??? Cuz those comments really get old. I surely do not have anything against yours or anyone else's set up. I don't even care if they shoot a WB and a Rage.
            No more of a problem than you seem to have with us that a slow bow.

Comment

I would like to know what all the "speed" bow shooters consider accurate? I will probably never shoot a bow with under 7 in of brace height. I've never owned a "speed" bow that would shoot a good group at 100 yds.

Comment

we SHOULD have out first chill-x in on Wednesday, ill be sure to post pics!

Comment

New Mathews Chill X

No more of a problem than you seem to have with us that a slow bow.

That's totally false. Cuz I shoot a Bob Lee too. Fast it ain't. Compounds and whitetails "I" like speed. Key word is I. Not you. If you shoot 205 and it's what "you" like I'm 100% behind ya.
                  Last edited by JW; 05-12-2014, 07:54 PM.

Comment

We have on each SDX and ChillX at Insta-cash Archery in Nacogdoches. Now just the waiting game...

I think the ChillX will be a shooter. I have the ChillR and it's a very nice shooting bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post
                      I would like to know what all the "speed" bow shooters consider accurate? I will probably never shoot a bow with under 7 in of brace height. I've never owned a "speed" bow that would shoot a good group at 100 yds.
                      I bet you the bowtech rpm would shoot a good group at 100 as will the elite pulse, obsession evolution, pse dna, and the chill r. All these bows are around 350 fps with 6" BH and can be shot very accurately. The bows of today are so shooter friendly and if tuned right won't miss. But the Indian might miss from time to time. Again that's a properly tuned bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Man View Post

On brace height I get away with a tad shorter cuz I'm only a 28" draw. As far as speed my bow is quick but my new arrows will be around 400 grains at 60 pounds. I always shoot 6gpp plus. Never 5gpp. As far as accuracy I'm not following exactly what ya mean. I guess I can hit what I'm aiming at at hunting ranges. Which for me I won't shoot at whitetails over 25 yards. That's just me. I can shoot my bow out to 70 accurately. I will shoot black buck or hogs out to that range. No not because I hate em. They don't react like a whitetail does when you dump the string. Now when you take me outta the whitetail game I prefer a 38 ata and a 7 plus inch brace height. Why? It's where my hearts at I guess. But 90% of my hunting consists of whitetails and it what works for me the best. But yes I've killed em as slow as 205fps with a Bear Whitetail 2 back in the early 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                          On brace height I get away with a tad shorter cuz I'm only a 28" draw. As far as speed my bow is quick but my new arrows will be around 400 grains at 60 pounds. I always shoot 6gpp plus. Never 5gpp. As far as accuracy I'm not following exactly what ya mean. I guess I can hit what I'm aiming at at hunting ranges. Which for me I won't shoot at whitetails over 25 yards. That's just me. I can shoot my bow out to 70 accurately. I will shoot black buck or hogs out to that range. No not because I hate em. They don't react like a whitetail does when you dump the string. Now when you take me outta the whitetail game I prefer a 38 ata and a 7 plus inch brace height. Why? It's where my hearts at I guess. But 90% of my hunting consists of whitetails and it what works for me the best. But yes I've killed em as slow as 205fps with a Bear Whitetail 2 back in the early 90's.
                          I'm guessing you had lighter arrows than me, I only got 195fps out of mine, or maybe more poundage.
                          I also believe more people need to look at the 60lb limbs, it can save on wear on body parts as they MATURE.
                          Started anti-biotics yesterday and can't sleep. I will probably take a nap just after daybreak.

Comment

I'm guessing you had lighter arrows than me, I only got 195fps out of mine, or maybe more poundage.

I also believe more people need to look at the 60lb limbs, it can save on wear on body parts as they MATURE.

Started anti-biotics yesterday and can't sleep. I will probably take a nap just after daybreak.

Lol. Yep I had a blistering 10fps on ya. I'm livin proof of that wear and tear. Caused a pretty good surgery to have to happen. Especially today's bows, 60 is 20 years ago 80.

Comment

I think one thing that can be seen in this thread is that accuracy, and "forgiveness" mean different things to different people. For some accuracy is that 8" paper plate out to 30 yards as that is their sweet spot for whitetails and they have no interest in anything outside of that. For others, they either shoot field archery or hunt out west where 30 yard shots can be quite rare depending on the animal being hunted. I've learned over the years I'm very very very picky, and hold myself to almost unreasonable standards some times. I know people who can totally dismiss a broad head impacting 1/2" right of a field point at 20 yards and go on about their lives. For me, I'd literally lose sleep lol. I'm squirrely like that. I don't think anyone would draw a line in the sand and say that longer ATAs and higher BH are not in any way more accurate. The question is, with modern equipment, is the difference large enough for the chosen shooter's needs.

Just a few thoughts as I sip my first cup of coffee for the morning.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to see this bow in action! I may even order the rock mods for my chill....

Comment

Working...
                                X