Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
    What's stronger steel or aluminium?
    Apples to oranges there. An aluminum ferrule with a german kentic blade in it. The german kenetic. A naked aluminum ferrule like a grim reaper or rage with the blades deployed. Of course not. I wasnt comparing or saying simply steel vs aluminum that aluminum is stronger. But I do know that a slim steel ferrule all out n naked like that on a Hypo wont be any stronger than a German Kenetic XL with that German steel blade inside of it supporting it. Kinda simple arithmetic really. Need to borrow my Big Chief Tablet to write on and my 1st grade pencil?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      Apples to oranges there. An aluminum ferrule with a german kentic blade in it. The german kenetic. A naked aluminum ferrule like a grim reaper or rage with the blades deployed. Of course not. I wasnt comparing or saying simply steel vs aluminum that aluminum is stronger. But I do know that a slim steel ferrule all out n naked like that on a Hypo wont be any stronger than a German Kenetic XL with that German steel blade inside of it supporting it. Kinda simple arithmetic really. Need to borrow my Big Chief Tablet to write on and my 1st grade pencil?

Lol. Do they still make big chief tablets?

I got what you were saying I wasn't comparing slim non support ferrule to a supported one. Now if we wanted to compare apples to apples which is stronger GK or the all steel Solid then the steel vs aluminum agruement holds water. Any one considering a mechanical should consider ferrule length and what its made of. Longer the ferrule more likely it needs to be steel or thick aluminum (or alloy), or even the thick Ulmer edge ferrule

Grant it I dont think you could break a GK ferrule, just like I don't think you could break a hypo or titinaum.

On fixed heads I think heads like exodus and ramcat are extremely strong, hence how they excel on torture test, the have very short compact ferrules so by design they are extremely strong regardless of ferrule material.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
        Lol. Do they still make big chief tablets?

I got what you were saying I wasn't comparing slim non support ferrule to a supported one. Now if we wanted to compare apples to apples which is stronger GK or the all steel Solid then the steel vs aluminum agruement holds water. Any one considering a mechanical should consider ferrule length and what its made of. Longer the ferrule more likely it needs to be steel or thick aluminum (or alloy), or even the thick Ulmer edge ferrule

Grant it I dont think you could break a GK ferrule, just like I don't think you could break a hypo or titinaum.

On fixed heads I think heads like exodus and ramcat are extremely strong, hence how they excel on torture test, the have very short compact ferrules so by design they are extremely strong regardless of ferrule material.
        Lol. We are on the same page.

Comment

I started to read the whole thread then quit.

I just don't understand the need for a mechanical when there are so many great fixed blade heads on the market today. However, I say use whatever makes you happy.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
            I started to read the whole thread then quit.

I just don't understand the need for a mechanical when there are so many great fixed blade heads on the market today. However, I say use whatever makes you happy.
            I can only speak for me. Its well known I much prefer fixed far and away. But for me archery equipment is like my hot rod. I cant stop tinkering. I just flat get a kick out if it. :thumbup:

Comment

Working...
            X