No announcement yet.

Archery shop with good customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take this as opportunity as a teachable moment. Walking in to any bow shop for the first time can be an intimidating experience.
    Consider the situation and make a mental note of it and archive it for you own personal "service" situations you will encounter in the future. This was a good example to you of customer service. Instead of looking at the situation as a negative, step back and consider what you would want done in such a "service" situation in order to get you back behind your string and off the couch.
    As a perspective customer looking to get into a new bow, get involved in the process the other customer was paying for! Get your "free" education on what it takes to make and replace a custom string, and the technique that the bow tech has spent years acquiring on the bows available in the shop that you are there to test ride. Ask questions, get insight from the other customer along with the bow tech. These methods will definitely give you the peace of mind that the guy on the other side of the counter knows a thing or two, and you might even gain a shooting/hunting contact with insight on the local area.
    With today's methods of communication, we are driven to be efficient if not individualistic. It is all too easy to get caught up in a self imposed schedule and rifle off a post which can and will be interpreted in many different ways, and none that help. Fay is a great guy who does everything he can to deliver a quality product. If it's not going to fit in to your timeline, then so be it. There are many of us that it does, and we like him just as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
      From where I sit it appears that you are a very impatient person who expects undivided attention and won't accept anything else... Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way your posts make it appear to me...

I don't know how many times I've been in shops and had to wait for the tech/clerk to help someone else even if I was spending a couple of grand at the time, but having been in similar circumstances myself I appreciate that they are busy and have to divide their time among the customers.. I've never had a problem with someone helping another archer get their stuff repaired if it only take a few minutes of my time.. In fact I often end up helping a customer find something while I wait for the clerk to finish with another customer..

Maybe I'm just a bit more patient...

It's funny to me that these shops you can't get satisfactory service from, all have loyal followings and have been in business for a good many years... yet you can't get service that suits you... doesn't it seem just a little strange that you have trouble with ALL of them...
      So what you are saying to me as that customer service should not be first come first serve, correct? And If I am in the middle of receiving service its fine if the sales person/technician helps the next customer without finishing with me leaving me waiting? Hell I didn't know the guy had an appointment. If he would have said do you mind if I help this guy he had an appointment and Im short handed I would have said "sure I ain't in no hurry" But he didn't and I told you I had already had this same problem at other shops.

Let me tell you about what happened to me at Cabelas. I walk up to the counter at thier bow shop and wait till a salesmen asks if he can help me. I said, sure Im looking for a new bow and I'd like some help making my selection. Salesman asks "have been measured?" I say "yes I have I have a 27" draw and I prefer a 60# draw weight" I then tell him Im looking for a bow that is somewhat fast with a smooth draw and is fairly quiet. The salesman says to me that they only carry one bow that matches my requirments. A 2011 Diamond Outlaw made by bowtech which he says they had 11 and sold them all and that I should check back with them in a few weeks. I asked him if he had a brochure and he said that they only had one. That was it, then he moved on to the next customer. Now keep in mind they had a couple of racks of bows. Are my requirements really that hard to meet? Anyway I was ready to drop some cash right then and there and ended leaving cabelas empty handed. What am I doing wrong?
      Last edited by SgtRock; 03-22-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
        Take this as opportunity as a teachable moment. Walking in to any bow shop for the first time can be an intimidating experience.
        Consider the situation and make a mental note of it and archive it for you own personal "service" situations you will encounter in the future. This was a good example to you of customer service. Instead of looking at the situation as a negative, step back and consider what you would want done in such a "service" situation in order to get you back behind your string and off the couch.
        As a perspective customer looking to get into a new bow, get involved in the process the other customer was paying for! Get your "free" education on what it takes to make and replace a custom string, and the technique that the bow tech has spent years acquiring on the bows available in the shop that you are there to test ride. Ask questions, get insight from the other customer along with the bow tech. These methods will definitely give you the peace of mind that the guy on the other side of the counter knows a thing or two, and you might even gain a shooting/hunting contact with insight on the local area.
        With today's methods of communication, we are driven to be efficient if not individualistic. It is all too easy to get caught up in a self imposed schedule and rifle off a post which can and will be interpreted in many different ways, and none that help. Fay is a great guy who does everything he can to deliver a quality product. If it's not going to fit in to your timeline, then so be it. There are many of us that it does, and we like him just as he is.
        Excellent post!

Comment

I have heard and seen the same thing on several occasions at NTA. IMHO Fay can tune a bow like nobody's business but the customer service there has always lacked. I always thought that is why people called him the cranky yankee. This coming from a guy who bought several bows there and numberous sets of strings and other gadgets. Give Allstar in Lewisville a try you on't be disapointed
          Last edited by Sparkles; 03-22-2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
            Look I have already said that he seemed like a nice guy. And from what I understand he is one hell of a technician. I guess I should lower my expectations when it comes to customer service. Some folks have said that I sound like one of these people who gets ****** when waiting for a table at a resturant and someone with a reservation walks in and gets seated imediatley. That is not the case, I am normally a very patient person. I understand some folks might have appointments or reservations.

Comment

It shouldn't be too much to expect good and friendly customer service - regardless of the product being purchased or type of shop. If I don't get it - I shop elsewhere.

You should not lower your expectations as there are plenty of bow shops that will meet and exceed your expectations - most of which have been mentioned above.

Comment

Seems to me like your running out of shops to try........how many has it been? Patience is a virtue when going into any shop.

Comment

Originally posted by showmebowhunter View Post
                  Smithfield Archery. Wouldn't go anywhere else. Stan and Rhonda are great.
                  I agree! Stan knows his stuff and his wife is a doll.

Comment

From where i sit, the only thing that i can say is NTA is the best. Not only has Fay sold and rigged my bow out he also donated my daughters bow to her. If that is not enough, I bought a used Ignition for my wife from a individual and took it there to be rigged and not one duragatory thing was said and they didnt charge me a arm and a leg. With all this said, if you dont go back to NTA that just meens that there will be one less person for me to have to wait on Fay to get done with so he can help me. Your loss is my gain even though its worth the wait.
                    Thanks for your consideration,
                    Life Long NTA Customer

Comment

Originally posted by TedStriker View Post
                      Seems to me like your running out of shops to try........how many has it been? Patience is a virtue when going into any shop.
                      Its a virtue Im running out of. As difficult as this has been when I do find a good shop I will be a loyal customer for life. Thats just the way I roll.

Comment

Another vote for Jerry's shop - Rednek Booda Outdoors. I made the trip from Austin to his shop, well worth it.
                        Last edited by altez; 03-22-2011, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
                          Let me explain this again. After allready havin a few bad experiences with other shops and similar to this experience I was ready to lay down some cash for a bow. I was told by an accociate at work that the folks at NTA were knowledgable friendly and provided good customer service. I am not that hard to please and I am what you would call a people person. I guess my expectations were to high. Anyway I was disappointed. This is Texas afterall and folks are generally friendly and customer service is second to none. I can't believe Im having this much trouble. Its going to be next weekend before I can get out shopping again.

And another thing if my reputation was in question I would be doing everthing I could to satisfy the customer. Maybe an apology and ask for a second chance to earn thier business. Not trying to blame the customers impatients for my poor customer service. just sayin
                          The fella who was rude to you at NTA is not a native Texan and just because he has a shop here does not make him one, there are not many of us native Texan's left, so please don't get the Northerners confused with us.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by atexx2 View Post
                              The fella who was rude to you at NTA is not a native Texan and just because he has a shop here does not make him one, there are not many of us native Texan's left, so please don't get the Northerners confused with us.
                              LOL

Comment

Funny how a man cant get on here and tell everyone about a bad experience without everyone judging or jumping on him. WOW!!

Comment

Working...
                                X