No announcement yet.

Archery shop with good customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You won't find a larger selection of bows ANYWHERE within 100 miles of the Metroplex than what you will find at CCR. I've heard good things about Jerry at Redneck Booda but I wouldn't buy until you visit CCR.

They are open 9A-9P 7 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
      Thanks for the advise friend. Thats further than I had in mind. If I don't find one closer I may decide to make that road trip.
      You won't be disappointed with those guys.

Comment

Guys at All Star in Lewisville have been nothing but good for me. I am new to bow hunting. They spent TONS of time helping me make sure I was on the bow that I felt was right for me. I'm pretty sure I wore them out going back and forth between brands & bows, but they didn't show it.

They have been very helpful since the purchase as well.

Comment

I know you have heard this before on this thread but if you will give Jerry at rbo a chance you won't have this problem ever again. Jerry has top notch customer service and can tune a bow like no other. You are missing out if you don't give this small town country boy a try.

Comment

I certainly understand your frustration, especially if you had money in your pocket and was ready to purchase. I'm not making excuses for rude customer service...but I can't tell you how many times I have been in archery shops and seen guys come in and walk around, look at bows, shoot them, have themsevles measured for draw lenghts, etc....and then say, "Ok, thanks for your help." and walk out. It seems alot of people go to Pro Shops to just hang out and kill time...which time is money for the shop owner. The guy who had the bow and needed help meant he was going to make money while you browsed. Just my $.02. Sounds like you have plenty of options now.

Comment

I am in the market for a new bow and am having a difficult time finding a shop. I have been to two large outdoors stores and two different independently owned archery shops in the DFW area. All I can say is I am extremely disappointed in the customer service I am encountering. Texas used to be known for good customer service. The sales people Im dealing with are just plain rude.

For example this morning I enter a shop right after it opened for business with the intention of making a purchase. I am the first customer of the day. I talk with the owner for a few minutes and he seems like a nice guy. I tell him I am looking for a new bow and would like some help making my selection. About that time another customer walks in with a bow. Without saying anything he starts to help the other customer. He installs new bus cables and string and adjusts his arrow rest. This took some time and I figured I was going to be waiting for awhile. Apparently he didn't need my business so I left. This has happened before. A good friend of mine said he has had the same problem.

Any suggestions of an archery shop with friendly folks that are willing to take some time to help me find the right bow? I am willing to travel up to 100 miles. I live in Wylie.

I myself actually stay in Wylie from time to time, but i live in winnsboro. I religiously make the trip to All star archery in Lewisville and do all my work with cowboy Wayne. They will set up any bow you want to try and let you shoot it till your hearts content. i just purchased my Hoyt carbon Element from them and they were very informative and patient with me. I've been going there for all my bow needs. i actually just took my buddy there and he loved it. he purchased his new Z7 extreme from them as well. its definitely worth the 45 minutes to get the knowledge you need to make that purchase. I've been to several shops around the area and can honestly say that when it comes to knowledge and great guys they are the only shop ill go to. Troy is the manager there, a little quiet but really knows his stuff. My guy is Wayne. if you go call and ask if cowboy Wayne is in and see him! my bow shoots perfect every time i leave there. Hope this helps man!

Comment

In Houston area, I second Richard at Bow Zone and Glenn at West Houston, both great guys. There is another guy that works at West Houston that is not as friendly.

Comment

Smithfield Archery in NRH 817-759-2219 tell em Tammie sent ya.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Hmmmm

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                      Seems like several folks have already recommended Jerry down at RBO in Kerens and I could not agree more.

I live in Rockwall, so pretty dang close to you in Wylie. Well worth the drive to RBO in Kerens for me.

There are several guys that make the drive from Houston to RBO as well. Folks aren't driving that far for bad service.
                      So does Jerry put up with arrows in wall lol,,,yall sending a Team to the ASA Paris shoot?

Comment

Service should be rendered on a first come first serve basis. The Technician should have asked the second customer to leave his bow or should have asked me if I minded waiting while he takes care of the second customer. He did not say this will only take a minute. He handed me a brochure and proceeded to help the second customer. Look Im sure that other folks have had good experiences at NTA. I started out by saying he seemed like a nice guy. The hole reason I went to NTA is because I had similar experiences at other shops and I was told that NTA was the place for knowledgable friendly and above all good customer service. Anyway I was disappointed when this happened.

I did not make it to CCR yesterday the wife had other plans and I am still in the market. Sounds like I need to take the road trip to BDO in Kerens.
                        If you cant wait 15 minutes for me to install fix a bow while talking to you
                        at the same time I don't see what your problem is..... I told you I was short
                        handed , my helper was on vacation !!!!
                        Just because your the first person at your church doesn't mean the minister
                        is only talking to you.....

Comment

[ATTACH]228182[/ATTACH]

Originally posted by apex127 View Post
                          if you cant wait 15 minutes for me to install fix a bow while talking to you
                          at the same time i don't see what your problem is..... I told you i was short
                          handed , my helper was on vacation !!!!
                          Just because your the first person at your church doesn't mean the minister
                          is only talking to you.....

Comment

You got to be kidding me...

Maybe shops need to get one of them take a number thingys or just tell everyone that any repair will take two or more days... Glad I ain't in a hurry like y'all

I bet some of y'all have a real hard time in a cafe when someone else's food comes out before yours...
                            Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 03-22-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

After listening to all this, take your money where they take good care of you. Being lectured to is a turn off. Thanks for starting this thread. Helps me take my money where I'm cared for. I spent $1500.00 in the past 3 months. Had I recieved the same treatment, they'd lost my business.

Comment

Wow.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought a TBH sponsor would respond in a different manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X