Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    I’m not say it makes it fact but when you have video of parents screaming and crying for officers to do something while gun fire is heard in the background and seeing officers holding parents back it makes a hard case he is not lying. Even early reports stated the BP agent that engaged the shooter did so against orders
    Been there, done that. I have literally had to tackle people at scenes to try and keep it secure. Yes it is a crime even with negligence to interfere with the police but I have never made an arrest for that. I try to keep their emotions in perspective and have on occasion kept other officers in check.

On one such emotional reaction a woman’s house was on fire and fully involved with flames coming out the windows and doors. She had arrived after being out shopping or something similar. She was crying that her dog was inside and tried to run into the house to rescue it. Anything in that home was probably long since dead. She was literally hitting me in the face trying to run into the home and I called another officer to help and told him try not to hurt her. She finally passed out and we called EMS for her. I have seen extreme emotion in horrible situations (like triple murders of family members) but we still have a job to do and as in that case, she was so distraught that she passed out. I took a few blows and she popped me a couple of times pretty good which is a felony. I just held her until she was no longer a danger to herself. I saw no point in filing charges on her, even misdemeanor interfering.

Realize that the videos were made a good while after this started. Additional officers have to secure the scene. Imagine a really bad murder scene and you have 500 swarming over it.

I have yet to defend the officers in this case because I don’t know what they did, when or why. I have said a few times, let the information come out. The news media has already changed their version of events more than once.

Officers standing outside of a crime scene and distraught people is proof of nothing but officers on scene and distraught people.

If the officers made mistakes then put it out there but it seems like there are otherwise rational people wanting to convict the officers without knowing practically anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SM69 View Post
      I’ll stand with you on this ttax. The culture has shifted and you have to adapt or get left behind. Same with a business, athletics and many other things. Why was the drinking age raised from 18 to 21 in the mid-80’s? And yes, raise the draft age to 21 as well, I’d be scared to death to have most of the 18 year olds I see defending this country. Not saying there aren’t some 18 year olds that couldn’t handle all of the above, sure there are. I’d much rather see something like this passed than banning high capacity mags. Prayers for Uvalde.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So new age for a adult will be 21? I see that going over well after that can of worms is opened. Decades of Supreme Court gridlock over 18-20 yo criminals challenging why they are being tried as a adult.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        And that is another thing that needs to change.. No way is that acceptable!!
        If you are 18 or older and do not have a drivers, this day and age, something ain't right about you.
        I had to spend a couple weeks in New York City awhile back and there were functional adults as old as 40 that have never drove a car or Thought they had a need to. It was a shock to me as well coming from rural Texas were every boy started a list of dream cars at 13.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
          Been there, done that. I have literally had to tackle people at scenes to try and keep it secure. Yes it is a crime even with negligence to interfere with the police but I have never made an arrest for that. I try to keep their emotions in perspective and have on occasion kept other officers in check.

On one such emotional reaction a woman’s house was on fire and fully involved with flames coming out the windows and doors. She had arrived after being out shopping or something similar. She was crying that her dog was inside and tried to run into the house to rescue it. Anything in that home was probably long since dead. She was literally hitting me in the face trying to run into the home and I called another officer to help and told him try not to hurt her. She finally passed out and we called EMS for her. I have seen extreme emotion in horrible situations (like triple murders of family members) but we still have a job to do and as in that case, she was so distraught that she passed out. I took a few blows and she popped me a couple of times pretty good which is a felony. I just held her until she was no longer a danger to herself. I saw no point in filing charges on her, even misdemeanor interfering.

Realize that the videos were made a good while after this started. Additional officers have to secure the scene. Imagine a really bad murder scene and you have 500 swarming over it.

I have yet to defend the officers in this case because I don’t know what they did, when or why. I have said a few times, let the information come out. The news media has already changed their version of events more than once.

Officers standing outside of a crime scene and distraught people is proof of nothing but officers on scene and distraught people.

If the officers made mistakes then put it out there but it seems like there are otherwise rational people wanting to convict the officers without knowing practically anything.
          Yep, just cause there are cops outside dont mean there are zero on the inside

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            And that is another thing that needs to change.. No way is that acceptable!!
            If you are 18 or older and do not have a drivers, this day and age, something ain't right about you.
            Only it is acceptable.

You are only stating your opinion again. There are many people all over that DONT have or need a DL but have state IDs which are totally acceptable and legal. Simple minded much?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
              So new age for a adult will be 21? I see that going over well after that can of worms is opened. Decades of Supreme Court gridlock over 18-20 yo criminals challenging why they are being tried as a adult.

Call it what ya want to. I’d personally just call it a minimum age law. Dude could not have strolled into H-E-B for a sixer of Natties….,.,,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Speculation. We will never know why. Jumping to conclusions does nothing.

Comment

social reject you know them when you see them. dont see 4h guys shooting up scools.

Comment

Just thought I would paste this link for anyone that ask, but why does this only happen in America...........

Still praying for the people that lost children/love ones to this unthinkable horrific act by a Devil filled young man, that will spend the rest of eternity burning next to that Devil, as he should!

Rwc

Comment

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/c.../273-548565605.

Comment

That news is from 2018. Just ran across this

Comment

Man, if this is true, this guy had some serious stones. Wish there were more like him on the scene.

Comment

Active shooter in Uvalde

Go figure the shooter had been previously arrested for plotting to shoot up a school
                            Once again this is not a time to create more gun restrictions it’s a time to figure out why these slugs keep Saying they are going to do something and nothing is done about it

But we will just give up more of our rights to feel good and think we have done something that may have Changed an outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Until our youth put down thie phones and ear buds and actually learn how to deal with people and issues face to face, this doesn’t get better. The only way kids interact with others nowadays is on a screen in their hand. They sit for hours in false little realities watching mindless propaganda and have no basis in how to deal with life. The downfall of our society as we knew it will be because of social media. It infects every corner of our lives in some form or another. TBH is as close as I come to social media, but others in my family are on them constantly and it makes me mad as heck when I have to tell them to put that crap away and actually be productive. Look around when you go out. A huge portion of our youth are walking or sitting around oblivious to the world around them. Growing kids didn’t shoot up anything other than turtles. We had friends and face to face interactions in which if we got out of line, someone would kick your butt or force you to have kick theirs. Either way a lesson was learned. You want to age restrictions on something it should be 21 to access social media platforms. It’s nothing but mind rotting indoctrination of our youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                                Look around when you go out. A huge portion of our youth are walking or sitting around oblivious to the world around them.
                                Amen.... and there are unfortunately many adults doing the exact same thing. I'm 50 and I see people my age doing it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X