No announcement yet.

Shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbott announced he will not give the order to shut down as Texans won't abide by it and encourages judges to enforce the mask order.....maybe he does get it a little.....knows if he gives the order and it's completely ignored then what ??? This way his liberal counties/cities, I pity you guys, can run rampant and the rest of us in the state can go on as normal. My wife does flowers for our wedding venue and this means our wholesaler in Dallas will close again, guess what, we just drive to Oklahoma City and they get our money 2 big wholesalers there too and only an hour further and an easy drive.

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
      You havent been paying attention, Abbot already committed political suicide. He sold us out. He could have called a special session for the legislature, but he didnt. He made the decision that he would decide whats best for us and our "health". Problem is he framed it to put the spotlight on local politicians (not that they are any better) and businesses, instead of taking the heat. Instead of the people's representatives coming up with solutions he is making tyrannical decrees on his own that ain't worth the paper they are written on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
      You're right. Tuned out of the news and haven't listened to the radio or watch TV news since last Thursday.

Can't believe this guy is considering it. Can't wait to learn who runs against him in the next Governor election.

Comment

Abbott is doing the right thing. He is pretty much leaving iy up to county and city governments to decide if there is a problem or not bad enough to require enhanced measures. I understand those people who say it's killing their livelihood and their business. It is. But this is also something that no one has had to go through before. I disagree with those who try to minimize the potential of the virus. For a couple of reasons. 1. I have had a family member die from it, and another who was very sick for two weeks, and still has problems, even though she has supposedly recovered. She still feels weak and is short of breath even though she has no fever. and, 2. There is some evidence that a person may not be able to develop immunity, so they could get it over and over again. That's not good either....Some counties that have few cases haven't had mandatory mask requirements.
        Last edited by softpoint; 07-14-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
          Abbott is doing the right thing. He is pretty much leaving iy up to county and city governments to decide if there is a problem or not bad enough to require enhanced measures. I understand those people who say it's killing their livelihood and their business. It is. But this is also something that no one has had to go through before. I disagree with those who try to minimize the potential of the virus. For a couple of reasons. 1. I have had a family member die from it, and another who was very sick for two weeks, and still has problems, even though she has supposedly recovered. She still feels weak and is short of breath even though she has no fever. and, 2. There is some evidence that a person may not be able to develop immunity, so they could get it over and over again. That's not good either....Some counties that have few cases haven't had mandatory mask requirements.
          Soooo if a person can’t develop immunity, are we just supposed to live in this muted economy forever?

The irony to all of this is that many who espouse shut downs etc are also evolutionists. At the heart of evolution is the concept of natural selection or the survival of the strong, the weak pass away, and yet they keep putting bumpers in place to keep the weak “in the herd”.

Comment

This is pretty typical of what is going on these days.

A FOX 35 investigation released on Monday discovered an inflation of coronavirus cases by the Florida Department of Health.

Comment

It comes down to an election year and dems want trump out in the worse way. BLM, H1N1, Ebola, zika, etc...

I hope everyone gets back on their feet soon and as a small business owner, we are fighting for our employees and jobs. Will be hard to just shut the doors because someone "told me so".

Originally posted by softpoint View Post

Comment

As long as we have work to do, we aint shutting down.

Comment

I just got a text from Fort Bend county(not sure why or how they have my cell phone number) to let me know the COVID Alert system has elevated the risk level to RED!!!

Good grief, I mean I guess we are all going to die!

Comment

When you look at real numbers and facts they prove it is nothing but politics. I’m not saying it’s not a nasty virus but, give me a break already!

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                      100% we will, IMO...

shutting down in March/April was the real joke.. most counties had 1-2 cases and everybody was at home.. now those same counties are getting 20-50 new cases everyday.

At this point it seems inevitable for a shutdown soonish
                      That's just dumb, cases going up and death rate tanking. What a reason to shut down the country. Politicians are all going to hell for this.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                        we got notice today that masks are no longer optional in our shop while working....they will be mandatory now....for those that don't know- they fog up yur safety glasses to where your vision is blurred causing a safety issue...but we won't discuss that so long as we have a mask to make us dizzy from lack of oxygen to the brain and keep from spreading covid...im fine with being safe and wearing the mask even thou I find it difficult to breathe in...but idk what they will say next when someone crashes a forklift into something cause they can't see thru fogged glasses....i will say I do enjoy watching all the guys who use smokeless tobacco try and wear that mask and lift it up and down so they can spit every 90 seconds.
                        I know what the trial lawyers will say........

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          I just got a text from Fort Bend county(not sure why or how they have my cell phone number) to let me know the COVID Alert system has elevated the risk level to RED!!!

Good grief, I mean I guess we are all going to die!
                          Yea.. Now hurry and run down to get tested so they can tell YOU wether YOU are sick or not.. My bet is you are "positive".... November 5th cant get here fast enough..

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            When you look at real numbers and facts they prove it is nothing but politics. I’m not saying it’s not a nasty virus but, give me a break already!

Do you have a source link for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post

You really have to annualize those covid rates to make them comparable. Also I think it would be more accurate to run 3/20-3/21 for a comparison. Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                Yea.. Now hurry and run down to get tested so they can tell YOU wether YOU are sick or not.. My bet is you are "positive".... November 5th cant get here fast enough..
                                My son knows 4 people(2 pairs) that went to be tested. Each filled out paperwork and turned it in but left without getting tested after waiting a couple hours. Several days later they all received notices saying they had tested positive. 2 were in the Dallas area and 2 were in the Houston area. This happened about 2 weeks apart but both instances have been during what is being described as a spike in positive cases.

Comment

Working...
                                X