Shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
    I really think this is better to happen in the heat of the summer instead of waiting for it to spike in the fall when it will be combined with the normal flu and cold wet weather.... runny noses etc.
    Agree. Let it run its course now.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      Soooo if a person can’t develop immunity, are we just supposed to live in this muted economy forever?

The irony to all of this is that many who espouse shut downs etc are also evolutionists. At the heart of evolution is the concept of natural selection or the survival of the strong, the weak pass away, and yet they keep putting bumpers in place to keep the weak “in the herd”.
      Eloquently spoken by someone who hasn't had the virus. No one will care whether your economy is muted or not when enough people are sick. No one knows what will happen, because we haven't been there. If you cant' develop immunity, will the virus mutate to be more, or less severe, will it be more or less contagious? Natural selection is fine, unless it's you, right? Like Reagan once said about abortion, "everyone who is in favor of abortion, is conveniently already here"...I've already lost one family member, I'm aware of what it is capable of doing. The virus couldn't survive a day without new hosts. As long as people are foolish, though and don't care if they catch it or spread it, it will hang around. And that is the way it's going to be, restrictions and laws, or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I know somebody who was waterskiing and fell into a pack of water moccasins.
        Did they have Covid? Did they give Covid to the snakes? Did the snakes give Covid to the unfortunate water skier?

Comment

Originally posted by softpoint View Post
          Eloquently spoken by someone who hasn't had the virus. No one will care whether your economy is muted or not when enough people are sick. No one knows what will happen, because we haven't been there. If you cant' develop immunity, will the virus mutate to be more, or less severe, will it be more or less contagious? Natural selection is fine, unless it's you, right? Like Reagan once said about abortion, "everyone who is in favor of abortion, is conveniently already here"...I've already lost one family member, I'm aware of what it is capable of doing. The virus couldn't survive a day without new hosts. As long as people are foolish, though and don't care if they catch it or spread it, it will hang around. And that is the way it's going to be, restrictions and laws, or not...
          I'm sorry about your loved one. The fact is that the government has been mishandling this from the start. Maybe because it's an election year or maybe it's because they are incompetent but either way they have done a terrible job. First, they closed the whole country instead of the hotspots in the beginning. They should have stopped foreign travel and closed New York, Jersey and their immediate neighbors. The rest of us could have had contract tracing and masks. The whole unemployment fix has also been a disaster. $600 per week federal bonuses means a lot of low skilled people don't want to go back to work. All the crap with rent deferment and ppp loans has been jacked up too.

Now here we are 5 months later and they are floating another round of shutdowns. I'm all for saving lives but what kind of life are you going to have if you lose your business and your home? There has to be a better way.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know somebody who was waterskiing and fell into a pack of water moccasins.

I knew a guy that died when he fell off his horse in the middle of a river right into a pack of 'em. I can still see him crying for help....

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
              They spelled Bexar County wrong....
              They cant spell Fatality correctly either.....

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                I'm sorry about your loved one. The fact is that the government has been mishandling this from the start. Maybe because it's an election year or maybe it's because they are incompetent but either way they have done a terrible job. First, they closed the whole country instead of the hotspots in the beginning. They should have stopped foreign travel and closed New York, Jersey and their immediate neighbors. The rest of us could have had contract tracing and masks. The whole unemployment fix has also been a disaster. $600 per week federal bonuses means a lot of low skilled people don't want to go back to work. All the crap with rent deferment and ppp loans has been jacked up too.

Now here we are 5 months later and they are floating another round of shutdowns. I'm all for saving lives but what kind of life are you going to have if you lose your business and your home? There has to be a better way.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                There may be a better way, but since no one is sure what we are going to have to do in the long run to rid ourselves of it, we just don't know yet what that better way is. Many small business's are owned by 60+ year old people that have at some health issues, and the virus is exceptionally hard on those too...We couldn't even visit our family member in the hospital the two weeks she was there. No one was with her but the nurse when she passed. Funeral home even had rules, if the body is prepped for burial, and not cremated. Has it been politicized? Probably, but I'll bet most folks on here, even if they think they would survive it just fine, have at least one or more family members that they wouldn't want to negligently give it to. Hopefully, if it comes to people losing their homes, some kind of postponement can be worked out. After all, what use is repossessing a home if no one else can afford to buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                  When you look at real numbers and facts they prove it is nothing but politics. I’m not saying it’s not a nasty virus but, give me a break already!

Wow 30% death rate for those who test positive for the flu. I never would have guessed that.

Comment

if that's the case then essential workers are working under a death sentence. lets revise whose essential and let only first responders in MOPP-4 gear outside.
                    at what point do we draw the line?

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                      Wow 30% death rate for those who test positive for the flu. I never would have guessed that.
                      That is because we dont bend over backwards and jump through hoops to test people during flu season. They take the actual numbers and then use a formula to estimate how many millions had it over the course of the season. The death rate of the flu is very similar to what we are seeing with COVID. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Comment

Im not shutting down and not getting in the box car next year. Even if its all for my safety....

Comment

I think the only way a shut down would work is if you also raise gas to $5/gallon+ or more so people stop going everywhere. In the first shutdown, my area businesses were closed but roads were filled with people still moving around.

But I hope we don't shutdown again.

If you are looking to buy an essential business as investment, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            My son knows 4 people(2 pairs) that went to be tested. Each filled out paperwork and turned it in but left without getting tested after waiting a couple hours. Several days later they all received notices saying they had tested positive. 2 were in the Dallas area and 2 were in the Houston area. This happened about 2 weeks apart but both instances have been during what is being described as a spike in positive cases.
                            Wife has several friends with the exact same experience, crazy

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
                              Until someone sends a link to this actual dashboard... I don't believe it at all. Shouldn't the death rate below be in the 30% range? This is not passing the smell test.

Comment

A) you don’t know whether ive had the virus, you are making an assumption.

B) You did t really answer my question, in fact you further emphasized my question. What if the virus mutates? What if a segment of the population can’t develop immunity? And yes those that survive will care how muted the economy is. As a bald Dem Pundit once said “It’s the economy, stupid!”

Americans are fat and generally sick. We suffer from more co-morbidities than any populace in the World. Granted most of them are slow deaths that result in a longer average life than most other national people groups. But the list of diseases that plague us are lengthy and yet most can be treated by lifestyle change. Maybe the approach is focusing on our overall health, reducing co-morbidities and improving our immune systems. We have survived pandemics before. We will find a way to procreate and continue.

Maybe i become a statistic. But I’d rather die living my life than holed up in my house shopping online while wearing a mask.

Comment

Working...
                                X