Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Very sorry you feel that way.

I mentioned my Father and Grandfather who both believed there was nothing disrespectful about kneeling. I also know a few Vets - and follow the Vet who proposed this Protest as a compromise.
    You listen to them but also need to listen to the vets on here and worldwide thay say they find it disrespectful. My uncle and brother are both in the military and find it very disrespectful. They both said they will fight for their right to protest but find it utterly disrespectful to kneel during the anthem.

Comment

Saw this earlier

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        You listen to them but also need to listen to the vets on here and worldwide thay say they find it disrespectful. My uncle and brother are both in the military and find it very disrespectful. They both said they will fight for their right to protest but find it utterly disrespectful to kneel during the anthem.
        If JJ's people really think that way then we now understand why JJ is...well.....You know.

I mean everyone knows it's disrespectful...Yes, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          If JJ's people really think that way then we now understand why JJ is...well.....You know.

Well in his defense. I do believe they are or were Yankees. People from up norft know it all.

Comment

Either never taught principles or decided to abandon them somewhere along the way my guess.

Comment

Even Boyer, JJs entire crux of his argument, sees .............disrespect.

From the article JJ posted-

After the first letter in 2016, Boyer and Kaepernick met in person and that was reportedly the impetus for Kaepernick to change his protest from sitting during the anthem to kneeling, as Boyer said it would be more respectful to the military community.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Even Boyer, JJs entire crux of his argument, sees .............disrespect.

From the article JJ posted-

After the first letter in 2016, Boyer and Kaepernick met in person and that was reportedly the impetus for Kaepernick to change his protest from sitting during the anthem to kneeling, as Boyer said it would be more respectful to the military community.
                These are his actual words -

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Either never taught principles or decided to abandon them somewhere along the way my guess.
                  I was taught principles and respect. I was disciplined and corrected accordingly. I use and display those principles on a daily basis. My Children do the same. They acknowledge their elders. They use their manners that I taught them. They handle their responsibilities accordingly. They are wonderful. Just like my Grandfather and Dad.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      I was taught principles and respect. I was disciplined and corrected accordingly. I use and display those principles on a daily basis. My Children do the same. They acknowledge their elders. They use their manners that I taught them. They handle their responsibilities accordingly. They are wonderful. Just like my Grandfather and Dad.
                      You obviously were not.

Comment

Also on Tuesday, Jeremy Staat, a fellow veteran and Tillman's former teammate at ASU, asked people to stop using Tillman's name and image in criticism of the Nike-Kaepernick ad campaign.

"Please do not use Pat Tillman as a ploy for your political views," Staat wrote. "Pat was not a conservative [R]epublican, he did not believe in the Iraq War, he was not a Christian, and with the government and military handling of his death and the lies that followed I do believe that Pat would value the players' protest against police brutality and inequality."

There are also the words of Tillman's biographer, and his wife asking that his name not be used.

Comment

You obviously were not.
                          Yes Sir, I was - See how I did that?

Comment

"So dont ask if your dreams are crazy, ask if they are crazy enough" CK Nike add.

I watched some of the NFL game last night, wasnt paying super close attention but saw that they played the commercial at least twice. What the F does this even mean? Colin spent his childhood, with 2 adopted white parents, dreaming of suing the NFL for not being on a team and then signing a multimillion dollar Nike add?

Comment

I certainly agree with the players right to do so, as long as their employer allows it. However, why is it that people who choose their own protests by not watching the NFL are called racists and idiots by the very same people telling them they have to respect the players rights?

Edit: Also, some of you (on both sides) don't seem to understand that the flag represents much more than the military.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                I certainly agree with the players right to do so, as long as their employer allows it. However, why is it that people who choose their own protests by not watching the NFL are called racists and idiots by the very same people telling them they have to respect the players rights?

Edit: Also, some of you (on both sides) don't seem to understand that the flag represents much more than the military.
                                We have mentioned that on another thread I believe.

The name calling and personal insults are ridiculous in terms of something being racist / and or idiots. Just because there is a disagreement does not mean someone is racist.

Comment

Working...
                                X