I wish I could boycott Nike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Crawled out of the parents basement. Topics like this are a dinner bell to these losers. Gives them a reason to feel good to wake up again.
    Do you mind if I ask to what basement / losers you're referring to?

Comment

Here’s their chart since they went public.

They are mostly trading flat today with Tesla and Netflix showing much more movement.

I’ll admit I’m confused with this decision but I’m certain they somehow concluded all the hoopla would ultimately play in their favor. Is Kaepernick the modern MLK? Doubtful, but it appears Nike thinks there’s money to be made off the idea that Colin is on to something. Supporting a meaningful protest without intended disrespect that many still find disrespectful seems risky. For now it looks like the stock isn’t reacting much. It won’t be clear until their financial results are in after a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

They are mostly trading flat today with Tesla and Netflix showing much more movement.

I’ll admit I’m confused with this decision but I’m certain they somehow concluded all the hoopla would ultimately play in their favor. Is Kaepernick the modern MLK? Doubtful, but it appears Nike thinks there’s money to be made off the idea that Colin is on to something. Supporting a meaningful protest without intended disrespect that many still find disrespectful seems risky. For now it looks like the stock isn’t reacting much. It won’t be clear until their financial results are in after a year or so.

B.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post

Unfortunately in today's world it doesn't matter if you garner good press or bad press...just keeping relevant and "trending" is all one needs to guarantee increased revenue. Money doesn't all come from apparel sales. Nike knows this and it was a strategic move to attach their brand to someone who they knew would cause immediate fervor on both sides of the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post

I bet law enforcement found Kaep’s socks pretty “disrespectful”. NIKE didn’t seem to have a problem with it when worn with their shoes

I’m glad you posted that picture.
              Nike a shoe company gives money to a guy who wears socks calling law enforcement pigs.
              Not much else to say after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                I’m glad you posted that picture.
                Nike a shoe company gives money to a guy who wears socks calling law enforcement pigs.
                Not much else to say after that.
                But all the fan boys and libs say it was all done with no disrespect intended

Comment

It seems Nike products are being manufactured in North Korea among other places. The tariffs are causing them problems.

From a pure economic/financial perspective this Nike  branding campaign doesn’t make sense…. unless, you realize a much bigger picture. A hidden bigger picture. On its face, it just seems absurd. Why would any major corporation intentionally stake out a branding position that is adverse to their financial interests? I’ve spoken to some very excellent business […]

Comment

Word is MJ took his Air Jordan’s and left Nike...

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post

How delicious would it be if MJ really did jump to UA, or Puma. That would be so much fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
                        Unfortunately in today's world it doesn't matter if you garner good press or bad press...just keeping relevant and "trending" is all one needs to guarantee increased revenue. Money doesn't all come from apparel sales. Nike knows this and it was a strategic move to attach their brand to someone who they knew would cause immediate fervor on both sides of the issue.

Exactly

All part of the inevitable slide to Idiocracy.

Inciting emotion is the genesis of keyboard clicks which eventually leads to increased wealth. It looks incredibly risky from where I sit but I have a feeling Nike knows what they are doing. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                          Was this before and what caused Nike to pursue Colin.....or was this after hearing of Colin?

Comment

Was this before and what caused Nike to pursue Colin.....or was this after hearing of Colin?
                            My understanding it was after and in response to paying “traitor”. Said MJ’s dad served and his grandfather worked for a man the fought for the south? Had a great wirldview on the situation...he also resigned from the nike board or something. Let me see if incan find link

On edit snopes says its false?

Funny all the way around...first world problems

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              Shares down 2.9% today
                              Must be those old out of touch folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              I’m surprised it hasn’t dropped more. But my theory is it will eventually drop some more once Q4 and nexts years earnings start to show up on the books.

They will definitely lose sales from this. I’ll continue to wear the few Nike products I have until they’re worn out but I’m done buying their products unless they change their stance. I’ll buy some adidas or Reebok.

Comment

Crawled out of the parents basement. Topics like this are a dinner bell to these losers. Gives them a reason to feel good to wake up again.
                                How is it, every time I'm in the kitchen, you're in the kitchen???

Comment

Working...
                                X