I wish I could boycott Nike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could boycott Nike

But I’ve never bought any of their crap.

The former 49ers quarterback has not played since 2016 and is taking the NFL to court over allegations that the league colluded to keep him off a roster last season.

I don't think I have ever bought or worn anything with the swoosh either...I don't see how this biz decision got approved?? Seems asinine & will certainly cause them some grief.

Comment

Not surprising from a company that makes billions of the sweat of chinese children.

Comment

It was made because the only people that believe that kneeling is disrespectful are old and considered out of touch. That’s not NIKE’s demographic.

There are a few youngins here and there, but overall everyone seems to understand he’s not hurting or disrespecting anyone.

Comment

Ban Nike 4 ever

Comment

Aw crap.. another company I can't boycott, 'cause I never bought their stuff no way..

Comment

I disagree...I don't think I'm that old or out of touch. I don't care if one thinks it's disrespectful or not. It mostly ****** people off, period. Especially considering the history of CK's upbringing & history. I understand your point, but you are certainly in the minority on this here on little ole TBH & not sure why you would anyone thinks it's a novel approach to promote a brand??

Sure, the direct market segment that supports CK will go out & spend some jack, but Tiger Woods also reps Nike & bet the vast amount of his followers will stop purchasing when this gets out.

I stand by my statement that it's simply a stupid & horrible business decision in general with so many other figures out there sans controversy. Purely idiotic actually.

Forget what is disrespectful...share holders will be ******.

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              It was made because the only people that believe that kneeling is disrespectful are old and considered out of touch. That’s not NIKE’s demographic.

There are a few youngins here and there, but overall everyone seems to understand he’s not hurting or disrespecting anyone.

Comment

I'm old and a Nam combat veteran. He's disrespecting my friends who came home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Comment

Won’t stop me from buying Nike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

then call me old and out of touch...

JJ I think that you usually have a good head on your shoulders.

but it has turned into a situation where if you don't stand, then you are against the country that has afforded you the opportunity to make the millions of dollars a year that they make.

maybe they should put their money where their mouths are and start doing something to change what they think is wrong with society.

but NO most of them rather raise hell and bitchaboutit.

some thing will never change it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      I'm old and a Nam combat veteran. He's disrespecting my friends who came home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.
                      My Grandfather served in the Army during WW2, and my Dad served as a Marine. They both don’t see it as disrespectful. They don’t agree with it, but they understand it’s his right that they fought for. (Grandfather passed last October)

The Army Ranger that suggested the protest didn’t find it disrespectful either.
                      Last edited by jer_james; 09-03-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                        then call me old and out of touch...

JJ I think that you usually have a good head on your shoulders.

but it has turned into a situation where if you don't stand, then you are against the country that has afforded you the opportunity to make the millions of dollars a year that they make.

maybe they should put their money where their mouths are and start doing something to change what they think is wrong with society.

but NO most of them rather raise hell and bitchaboutit.

some thing will never change it seems
                        I believe if you check Kaep’s record since beginning his protest, he has definitely put his money where his mouth is.

I’ve said many times- I don’t like kneeling, but he’s not hurting anyone.

Comment

The OP is about Nike supporting a ding-dong who ruined his own career...we've hashed out the whole butt hurt on kneeling already several fold.

Those who dig this will & should Go buy some nike gear, email corp & tell them atta boy & help put some $$$$ in CK's wallet if you support his sponsorship...if you don't?? That's it.

Still would like to hear how paying CK to brand the swoosh to the entire buying public was an excellent decision in regards to promoting & selling product...maybe the adds will only run in Chicago??

Comment

Stop putting false information out...

The army ranger did not suggest a protest...he suggested kneeling over sitting.

Comment

Guess I won’t be buying Nike. Not that I did before, but I will make sure I don’t now

Comment

Working...
                              X